Re: Velop Guest Access bug

Yes, I did set static ip too for the previous two firmware verion, the guest network worked, but that's not how guest network works lol. And try chadster766's way should be ok, hope it can be fixed, but since you guys have tagged vlan 3 and 4 with unsuccessful result, I'm doubting that.

Expert

@wrote:

Yes, I did set static ip too for the previous two firmware verion, the guest network worked, but that's not how guest network works lol. And try chadster766's way should be ok, hope it can be fixed, but since you guys have tagged vlan 3 and 4 with unsuccessful result, I'm doubting that.

I don't have access to a Velop that has guest access enabled right now. Could someone run sysinfo.cgi to confirm that under the ifconfig section there is an interfaces with ".3" appended. This would be the guest VLAN interface if it exists.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support
Expert

In the sysinfo.cgi VLAN ID 4 is IPv6.

I would have to use Wireshark directly connected to the primary node to confirm packet VLAN IDs' being transmitted from the Velop.

Linksys

So does that mean VLAN 4 still needs to be set with VLAN 3 together?

Expert

@wrote:

So does that mean VLAN 4 still needs to be set with VLAN 3 together?

Yes if the Velop is sending out packets tagged VLAN4 and VLAN3 then on any switch ports connecting Velop nodes would also have to be tagged VLAN 3 and 4.

Linksys
Expert

I will confirm if the Velop is sending tagged VLAN packets this evening unless someone has already done this.

Linksys

Ok, but why the setting of the guest network is that difficult, some users had this problem don't even use managed switch, how will they deal with that? buy a brand new VLAN switch to fix this issue? Also, they had tried tagging 3&4, there's still no connection of the guest network on any child nodes. This should be a bug, isn't it?

Thanks. My velop is in my new house,  can't test them right now, sorry. Might get time tomorrow though.

Expert

@wrote:

Ok, but why the setting of the guest network is that difficult, some users had this problem don't even use managed switch, how will they deal with that? buy a brand new VLAN switch to fix this issue? Also, they had tried tagging 3&4, there's still no connection of the guest network on any child nodes. This should be a bug, isn't it?

If the Velop is sending tagged packets then any issue due to that would be isolated to managed switches (VLAN Capable) and switches that don't forward the VLAN IDs' in the packet header.

Linksys

Gotcha, so I'm wondering what's the next step after figuring out the Velop is sending tagged packets or not?