Velop Guest Access bug

I have the 3 node Velop setup with some measure of success.  However when trying to use the "guest access" wifi it only works from one of the nodes.  Using the normal account, we get access to wifi at all nodes.   Using the app I have checked all the settings and can't find anything that limits or allows access to the various nodes using diffent wifi login ins.

???

Hate to have to reset the darn nodes and setup again.  

Buyer beware, the Velop is a part time job getting up and running.  

Getting though to phone support is futile.   800-986-0518

Re: Velop Guest Access bug

Sorry I was reading this one a few times, got confused about the issue. I have 3 nodes setup and turned guest network on and off a few times. I was able to see the guest network enabled from all 3 nodes and was able to roam (I assume) from node to node while connected to the guest network that I created.

Expert

[ Edited ]

@fastdds

Our apologies for the inconvenience this matter has caused you. We'll have a Level 2 representative  get in touch with you regarding your challenge with the Guest network. 

Regards, 

Ethel_10700

Linksys Technical Support 

A person from Velop called me 7 days ago and said they would look into the problem and call me back the next day with a resolution.  I have not heard back from Velop or solved the issue.  

i have tried to call back but giving up after holding for 30+ mins.  No way to get help with Linksys.

Frustrated in SoCal.

I enabled my guestwifi today and hit a whole heap of problems.  After some trial and error, things to note;

1) You can only use letters/numbers in the guest password (no special characters like ! etc)

2) When you create the SSID in the APP, it only changed the 5Ghz radio and left the 2Ghz with the default _Velopxxxxx.  I manually went in through the web interface and changed it

3) For some reason when the SSID first appeared it was open, suggesting the user open a browser and enter the password (like some kind of captive portal).  I changed the number of guests permitted (again in the web app) causing it to restart the wifi and after that it came up properly (secured with the WPA2 password)

So the short answer is, it works with a little manual intervention - but there are some serious issues enabling it through the app for the first time

Administrator

Hi All,

I am going to submit this one in for some QA investigation. Fast and Rburrows is it cool if I reach out to you via PM to get more details about how you have it setup if we need help replicating?

Sure thing - as I say, after my editing through the web admin seems to be ok for now so it may be an issue with the first time setup.  Could be easy to replicate some portion though by changing the SSID, password etc.

Administrator

Got it. I will see if I can get one of the team to run through it tomorrow. Thanks for the detail in the description helps us with the step by step so we can get clean info over to engineering.

It may be something as simple as when I tried to enable it through the app I used a password of  !Password  and when I clicked save it ran for ages and then gave the 'data was not saved' error.  

Through the web admin it immediately told me that only numbers/letters were allowed so it may just have resulted in a partial commit when using the app.

Yes, please contact me for any assistance with velop