Accepted Solution

Velop Working flawlessly in bridge mode

I must say i had issues with velop when i 1st set it up. 

I have 3 node system and had issues: lag ,latency, disconnects, couldn't see devices etc.

I came from the EA9500 so i was loving the "One big wifi network" but had issue after issue plus i had gotten used to EA9500's 8 ports (ethernet)

so I read down the thread and found the Devs let us use bridge mode with the #CA  (see bridge mode thread)

once i put it in bridge mode and turned off the ea9500's wireless so i only used the EA9500 as the router

and Velop in bridge mode provides wireless (3 nodes)

this setup has worked FLAWLESSLY for over 2 months. I can see every device through the ea9500 even each node and any devices connected hard wired or wireless and can control each device no problem

I can have my PS PRO in DMZ everything works awesome. Also i have 2 nodes with ethernet connected devices too and EVERYTHING works flawlessly

Ive watched 4k streaming for hours and have 20 devices connected without one single lag spike.

Just a thought for those of you who may be having issues.

this setup can work with almost any router.  

Re: Velop Working flawlessly in bridge mode

I've been frustrated as hell with the Velop system (3 nodes) as my Nest Cams keep dropping and PlayStation Vue through my Fire TV has had persistent lagging and buffering. I want to do what you've done and bridge the Velop with my WRT3200acm. Can you provide the thread that details what you did, because your scenario, including total number of devices, is identical to mine. Thanks in advance!

dokktorjones wrote:
I've been frustrated as hell with the Velop system (3 nodes) as my Nest Cams keep dropping and PlayStation Vue through my Fire TV has had persistent lagging and buffering. I want to do what you've done and bridge the Velop with my WRT3200acm. Can you provide the thread that details what you did, because your scenario, including total number of devices, is identical to mine. Thanks in advance!

First hook up your router you mentioned . if you have a modem only you are fine if you have a combo modem router from your isp  you want to put that in bridge mode so your wrt can doo all the processing.

next plug in the velop once you have your wrt online

let the velops reboot and connect may take 5 minutes also since its a new set up you may want to reboot everything once its connected (refering to router and modem)

next now the Linksys app is updated you can  switch velop into bridge mode right from the app (make sure you have updated app)

got to app, login, select your velop it will login to the velop

then got to setting in the app

go to advanced settings 

the on connection type choose bridge mode. and it will reboot into bridge mode you can still access throught the app if needed but you wont need to really.

Next i advise to shut of the wifi on your wrt router and let velop do all wifi and let your router do all hardwired and the velops processing. its a perfect combo and you can see all device straight the the WRT interface control them all.

this is the beast setup. i play COD all the way to 4K 60fps streaming and not one lag spike

got any questions just ask. I will say i dont work here but probably should lol

Thanks Robalboa, I greatly appreciate the reply....Super stoked to give this a shot. I'll reply back with my results. Thanks again!

dokktorjones wrote:
Thanks Robalboa, I greatly appreciate the reply....Super stoked to give this a shot. I'll reply back with my results. Thanks again!

you'll be amazed. its the best setup on the market. (well at least with the ea9500) but your router isnt no joke either 

cant wait to here you happy again

dont forget kudos lol its my pay

Absolutely, you deserve kudos just for replying, I imagine most people wouldn't! I appreciate you!

I actually disabled bridge mode after using your instructions to enable it.

In the end, it made no difference.  This is after doing several consecutive tests with bridge mode on and off.

What I lost with bridge mode on was the ability to fine-tune my Velop.  Almost all the important device information and settings became completely unavailable on the Linksys app once the unit was put into that mode.  I couldn't even tell remotely which nodes were on or off.  

When I turned bridge mode off, the speeds stayed the same.

Now, I will say, I greatly appreciate the help you have attempted to give all of us here.  For some reason, this is working for you.  Maybe it will work for others as well.  I will keep an eye on this thread to see what others have to say.

In the meantime, I have contacted Linksys support in an effort to have them help me get the kind of speeds you are seeing.

There is an important question here that I haven't asked you Robalboa....

How many units do you have in your home?   I have four in mine.

NJRonbo wrote:

I actually disabled bridge mode after using your instructions to enable it.

In the end, it made no difference.  This is after doing several consecutive tests with bridge mode on and off.

What I lost with bridge mode on was the ability to fine-tune my Velop.  Almost all the important device information and settings became completely unavailable on the Linksys app once the unit was put into that mode.  I couldn't even tell remotely which nodes were on or off.  

When I turned bridge mode off, the speeds stayed the same.

Now, I will say, I greatly appreciate the help you have attempted to give all of us here.  For some reason, this is working for you.  Maybe it will work for others as well.  I will keep an eye on this thread to see what others have to say.

In the meantime, I have contacted Linksys support in an effort to have them help me get the kind of speeds you are seeing.

There is an important question here that I haven't asked you Robalboa....

How many units do you have in your home?   I have four in mine.

i have 3 really only need 2 and 60ft apart is a little to far it will force 2.4 ghz if the signal is to low from being to far apart

Maybe I will buy another node, but first I am waiting to talk to Linksys support.

Thanks again for all your help.  You have been an asset to this community,.