Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Velop and IPV6

When I look at the Troubleshooting web page for my cabled Velop in Bridge mode, it says that IPV6 is disconnected. Neither of the other 2 wireless nodes have an IPV6 address either. Why? It seems to be passing the IPV6 connection through the wifi ok but I'm just intrigued why the Velop node isn't getting an IPV6 address. 

Re: Velop and IPV6

[ Edited ]

Hi, ChrisWils! Let's get this sorted out. Have you checked if your main modem/router can obtain an IPv6 confirmation if you removed the Velop nodes on the network? The Velop System if in Bridge mode will serve as a wired pass through were all basic functionalities will rely on the main modem/router. You refer to this link for more info about the Velop in Bridge Mode.

Carl_S 21985
Linksys Technical Support

Hi Carl. Not sure I understand your question. I have an ASUS RT-AC5300 router with Fi-FI disabled. it is IPV6 enabled and passing through IPV6 to cabled itrems, which are correctly getting an IPV6 address. One of the cables gores to a Velop node in Bridge mode. Looking at its details, IPV6 is disconneced, as it also is on the other two Velop nodes. Yet items linked by wi-fi to the Velop nodes are received IPV6 addresses correctly. So it SEEMS to be working correctly other than the Velop nodes themselves are not receiving an IPV6 address, but are correctly passing it through on Wi-Fi. And I'm simply wondering if that is how it should work, and why the Velop nodes themselves do not have an IPV6 internet connection - see screen shot.Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 21.52.26.png

Hi, ChrisWils. Since your ASUS RT-AC5300 is an IPv6 enable, once the Velop is set to Bridge Mode, the IPv6 will automatically be disabled and it relies on the settings of your main router. 

Gerard_21724
Linksys Technical Support

Many thanks- understand what is happening now.