Re: Velop and Plex Remote Access

I am also having this problem with my Velop system I have tried single port forwarding with no luck. It shows it connect for .2 seconds and then disconnects. What step am I missing?
Administrator

Hi Goalmaster is your velop behind another modem/router from your ISP? Would need to know a little more about your setup. If you are plugged right into your modem with the Velops there is not additional config needed so am wondering if we perhaps have a double NAT issue here.

I believe it is set up to a two in one. I'm very green about all this, so it needs to be dumbed down for me.
Administrator

Got it no worries...

Let's start with these and go from there?

Who is your ISP? And if you look on the bottom of the Modem or Router that is plugged into your main velop what is the model number of that one?

for your Plex server is it plugged in via an ethernet cable to Velop or are you going wireless?

Previous to having velop were you running plex? If so what Router were you using before and has anything other than now having a Velop in place different?

Can you access plex locally on your network without any issues? 

When connecting remote to Plex is it from your phone? or a remote Roku or something different?

~Lucas

ISP is Armstrong Cable. Modem is an ArrisDG2470A. I have the computer hardwired. This is the first time running Plex. I can connect remote from my Android phone fine, but when I try from Roku it says unable to direct connect.

So, there is a setting in the Linksys dashboard. I used the computer layout. If you go to security, there is a box for IPv4 SPI firewall protection. Un check that, and add the single port forwarding.. all is right in the world. Thank you for your time!

If NAT-PMP and UPnP are supported automatically, then why aren't they recognized by my Mac - 

"Back to My Mac may be slow bcasue NAT Port Mapping (NAT-PMP) or Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) is turned off on your router"

Highlighted

Kind of a rant, but it is what it is.

I heard all the great reviews for the system and it seemed to work initially. I tried a few different ones and they didnt work very well.  But this system single handedly would make me NEVER purchase another linksys product ever again.

Combined with the fact it just does not work, the fact the linksys app is the recommended way of setting up the system, its ABSOLUTELY ridiculous certain functions are available on the web interface and not the linksys app (i.e. DDNS). And if that wasn't bad enough, you can't access some of the Linksys app settings on the web interface (i.e Channel Scanning). I mean, thats CRAZY for a product of this price relative to its competitors.

I have to have a phone and computer handy if I want to make changes to my system.

I am having the same issues with my plex after I installed the Linksys Velop network.  I can no longer access remote access for plex on my PR4100 NAS server.  It connects for a second and then drops saying "Not Availablie outside your network."  I am using comcast router and have the Linksys router plugged in behind the ISP router and everything runs into the Velop system.  I have manul port open and still not working.  Please advise.