Velop is currently a failure, with three straight bad firmware releases that had to be pulled

This isn't even remotely funny anymore!  Seriously, what is going on, Linksys?  I have been patient, patient, patient, but while you can't even get a working firmware out after three straight tries (no, the security patch doesn't count), Orbi is adding to their product line, including an outdoor module.  How do you plan on competing when you're just getting left further and further behind with a product that doesn't even function as intended in its current state?

Someone, somewhere, give an answer other than, "We don't know when firmwares will be released" and "Please send us your email so we can escalate you to 2nd tier".  Does *anyone* at Linksys want to step up and actually answer their customers' concerns to create trust again, because, for many of us, there is none.  And if we don't trust the product, you can believe we're giving honest answers to our friends and people on facebook and other places steering them away from the product.

I want to like this product.  On paper, it's the best.  But without working firmware it's a failure.  Tell me I'm wrong, Linksys???  Please???

Re: Velop is currently a failure, with three straight bad firmware releases that had to be pulled

Although, to reply to myself, it must just be us few, because Amazon ratings are off the charts good!

https://smile.amazon.com/Linksys-Tri-band-coverage-Replacement-Network/product-reviews/B01N2NLNEH/re...

Why am I always the one to suffer through a product's flaws?  Why can't things just work for me?  Why oh why??? Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Re: Velop is currently a failure, with three straight bad firmware releases that had to be pulled

For whatever small comfort it gives you, you are not alone. Many of us share your pain. I wonder whether we need to set up a differnt kind of "support" group? Smiley Happy

And are we just an unlucky minority? Maybe. But Belkin (who now own Linksys) have history with Amazon reviews. 

No you are not alone... I am stuck with an old firmware to keep the sysem kind of accetable to use..