Velop node hand off and band steering

As I understand, band steering and hand offs between velop nodes as the device moves in different locations are two different capabilities. 

Does Velop support device hand off between velop nodes ? There have been requests for band steering in the forums already. 

Thanks

Re: Velop node hand off and band steering

@blocker_parent,

Are you referring to the seamless connection our Velop System provides? Also, are your devices connecting the further nodes instead of the one that is closest to them?

Jo-Ann - 21744
Linksys Technical Support

Hello Jo-Ann
My question is, if my device initially connected to a node I chose. Now if I move to a different room in house does Velop support devices change the connection to the nearest node in the new room or it will remain connected to the first node I chose. I apologize if I am not clear with the question.

[ Edited ]

@blocker_parent

With the seamless roaming feature of the Velop Mesh System, it will route you the best nearest node to ensure a 100% seamless connection as you move throughout your home.

Carl_S 21985

@Carl_S

Thanks for that info. A related question, so when device routes to best nearest node will it connect to 2.4GZ by default or 5GZ ?

Thanks
Highlighted

@blocker_parent

The Velop system displays one Wi-Fi name for the entire Tri-Band network and they will work as one seamless network. For example, if your device is streaming video this will connect automatically to 5GHz.

Gerard_21724