Re: Velop often disconnected from internet

Well bringing back my two child nodes online one insisted on being setup again. Had to go through the setup twice on one node, other node was g2g, no idea why.

I've the same issue: from time to time the nodes disconnects for just few seconds.<br>More than anything, it's annoying. If II'm working remotely connecting to my home, I get disconnected from time to time. And when I'm playing (or my kids) online games like Fortnite gets also disconnected.<br><br>I contacted linksys support (Spanish one, I think they work from Puerto Rico) a couple of times.<br>First time we did a full reset of the nodes and reconfigured them again.<br>Second time, we reinstalled manually the firmware in all the nodes, did a full reset and then reconfigured them again.<br>In the third call, they told me they will escalate it to engineering.<br><br>Now to the point. Before the escalation engineer called me today, I realised the disconnections happened following a pattern and not at random.<br>The only thing that I know that happens in a cycle in my network is the renewal of the DHCP leases.<br>So, what I did was to check the DHCPD log on my firewall to see when the nodes asked for a renewal and if it matched the disconnections. Result: BINGO.<br>Each time one node request a DHCP lease renewal it gets disconnected for a few seconds.<br>To workaround the issue, I assigned static IPs for the nodes in my firewall and put the renewal time to 24 hours. Now the nodes disconnects only once per day.<br><br>And now the thing that drives me crazy: Today I received a call from the escalation engineer and I explained all of this.<br>The answer was that they don't have any alert regarding this and, seeing that in DHCP mode the velop system works without issues, the issue is in my network.<br>I told her about this and other threads in the forums. Also, I argued with her that the fact the system works in DHCP mode doesn't mean it should work in Bridge Mode because the behaviour of the nodes is different:<br><br>- IN DHCP mode only the master node ask for an IP.<br>- IN Bridge Mode 3 nodes ask for an IP and, in my case, as only the "master" is connected via wire to my network, the master has to relay somehow the DHCP requests to my firewall.<br><br>and yet, the answer was the same: the system works in DHCP mode so it's something in your network. She kept me a couple of minutes on hold, in theory she was contacting with some other engineering department to check. And still the answer was the same.<br><br>I'm sorry, but I really got angry. They didn't care at all about the debugging I did or what I found, they don't care you provide strong arguments that the reply given doesn't make sense.<br>She even threatened to hang up because I was raising my voice. How shouldn't I raise my voice with how I was treated? She even suggested that the system was not designed to work in bridge mode but later rectified when I said to her that a system that cost me almost 600€ should work in any of the possible modes it offers flawlessly.<br><br>In the end, nothing changed, the official answer from the Spanish support is:<br>- We don't have any alert about this issue.<br>- We don't recognise the existence of this thread or other similar ones.<br>- We don't care about the debugging you did.<br>- The issue is in your network because the system works without issues in DHCP mode. We don't care this affirmation makes no sense or we don't care to explain to the customer the reasons behind this affirmation.<br>- You don't quality for replacement.<br><br>Come on, I don't want a replacement, the only thing I was asking for was for you to try to reproduce the issue with the information I gave you and, if I'm right, release a new firmware fixing the issue.

Ups, something messed the format of the post, sorry

I am having same issue.

Son playing Fortnite on xboxone x and all nodes reset for 1-2 mins.

@timc166293

We'll have this taken care of by our 2nd Level Support Team for further assistance. Please email us at LinksysCares@linksys.com along with the following details:

• Phone Number
  • Location (City/State)
  • Username
  • Link to this Community thread for reference
  • Workarounds/Troubleshooting you have done so far
  • Current Firmware
Gerard_21724
Linksys Technical Support

Hi, Elhodred. We took note of your Support experience feedback. We'll have your case reviewed and investigated.

Rosalyn - 21986
Linksys Technical Support

I've got exactly the same issue with my 2 node velop network. It keeps disconnecting from the internet with red light flashing at least once or twice a day while the direct connection from my notebook to the broadband modem is working perfectly.

Its really frustrating and my other IP cameras become useless as it always got disconnected and cannot be accessed from outside.

Please fix the issue as soon as possible or people will definitely go for other hash wifi products instead of velop.

I have had the same issue with my 3-node velop system for the last 3+ months. 

Background:

• Primary issue is with internet getting disconnected every 1-3 days. Causing all three nodes to have solid red lights.
  • Two story house ~2700 square feet with primary node upstairs, two client nodes downstairs.
  • Started with primary node wired upstairs, two client nodes downstairs wireless for first couple months.
  • Now running with wired backhaul for the last 3-4 weeks with gigabit ethernet switch between nodes. 
  • Currnetly running firmware: 1.1.2.185309
  • Still getting disconnected internet, usually causing all 3 nodes to turn red.  Yet all three nodes appear online in Web or iOS application.
  • Turning off/on primary node generally fixes internet access, but has become too painful for family to deal with everyf 1-3 days.

Things I've tried so far...

• Confirmed that cable-modem works as expected when computer is directly connected to CM (bypassing Velop).
  • Unplugging and re-plugging in the ethernet cable between cable-modem and primary node causes a soft-reset and system will start working again for at least a few hours or up to 2-3 days.
  • Switched a client node with primary node, but still fails after 1-3 days.
  • Got a few one-off symptoms for 1-2 weeks where some internet sites worked others did not (red-herring, I think).  Velop support had me add google (8.8.8.8) and level3 (4.2.2.2) public DNS servers to my LAN's DHCP scope. 
  • Replaced the ethernet cable between cable-modem and primary velop node.
  • Disabled IPv6 which coincidently helped for a few days, but problem recurs more frequently every 1-3 days. 
  • Changed client-nodes downstairs to wired backhaul, thinking that the dedicated wireless backhaul may the culprit.
  • Escalated support call to second-level support and now awaiting engineering team to contact me back.
  • Not holding my breath, but fairly certain system's internet connection will drop in the next few days. 

Same problem here.  Any updates?

Update: I got an email from Engineering, so may talk with them later this week. Unfortunately, my internet is currently in a down state right now (same symptom).

So, I’m currently on hold by phone - trying to talk with someone in engineering right now while my Velop system is currently in a down state. If they don’t pick up their phone soon, I may have to restart my main node again and see if it stays up again for 1-3 days.

Getting very frustrated trying to get ahold of someone in engineering that is willing to help me troubleshoot what’s causing these internet failures.