Re: Velop often disconnected from internet

Once you swap it, you'll need to reset and reconfigure both the nodes. 

Ces-21490
Linksys Technical Support

Ces_C wrote:

Once you swap it, you'll need to reset and reconfigure both the nodes. 

Okay I'll try swapping the nodes and reset/reconfigure both nodes.

Just today the nodes keep dropping the WiFi from any mobile devices (iPad & iPhone), it's frustrating.

After I reset those nodes, what to do?

Is there a step-by-step document to do this?

I too facing similar issue.. will also swap the parent node and child node and monitor...
Previously only did a reset but didn't swap the nodes..
@joe clean..
Guess you just need to follow the step by step guide by the app after you reset the nodes..like starting a new setup..hope this helps..

Hi guys. If you're still having troubles with the Velop system, email us at LinksysCares@linksys.com and we'll have our Engineering Team assist you step-by-step over the phone. 

Kloe-21503
Linksys Technical Support

That7days wrote:
I too facing similar issue.. will also swap the parent node and child node and monitor...
Previously only did a reset but didn't swap the nodes..
@joe clean..
Guess you just need to follow the step by step guide by the app after you reset the nodes..like starting a new setup..hope this helps..

If I do that, doesn't that means the Linksys app will later recognize there are two Velop instead of just one?

Shouldn't I delete the first Velop setup?

Klaudette_S wrote:

Hi guys. If you're still having troubles with the Velop system, email us at LinksysCares@linksys.com and we'll have our Engineering Team assist you step-by-step over the phone. 

Can you guys help me out just by email?

I live in Indonesia, Asia Pacific region, not in the US.

And I'm not that fluent in English, so email is the best way for me to make contact.

How are your other nodes connected to the system?
I had similar issues and it was due to my trying to connect the other nodes via Ethernet.

Hi guys..posted my update on swapping nodes(parent/child) on another post..so copied & pasted here so it might help..Swapped my parent/child velop nodes...reset both..shifted the locations for both..its more then 24hrs now(will monitor for few days)..so far good results except for once when the child node turned red when i turned off the guest option.Linksys Really need to fix the bugs in the WiFi app..i dont see the need for the app to restart the node when turing off guest option...Still showing devices connected as offline & offline devices as connected. App is of latest version.
Just to note: i stay in singapore & the BTO (Built-to-order) flats have metal structures within the walls so its challenging to get decent coverage thruout the flat..With my current settings..hope it solves the problem. But for more to adopt the Velop System here in singapore, Linksys needs to iron out these 'cracks' that we current users input in these forums.😁

beklinksys wrote:
How are your other nodes connected to the system?
I had similar issues and it was due to my trying to connect the other nodes via Ethernet.

The two nodes are connecting with the mesh-WiFi, only the main node is connected using ethernet (RJ45) cable to the modem.

IMO it's not supposed to be connected with ethernet (RJ45), otherwise it's pointless to have a mesh-WiFi.

That7days wrote:
Hi guys..posted my update on swapping nodes(parent/child) on another post..so copied & pasted here so it might help..Swapped my parent/child velop nodes...reset both..shifted the locations for both..its more then 24hrs now(will monitor for few days)..so far good results except for once when the child node turned red when i turned off the guest option.Linksys Really need to fix the bugs in the WiFi app..i dont see the need for the app to restart the node when turing off guest option...Still showing devices connected as offline & offline devices as connected. App is of latest version.
Just to note: i stay in singapore & the BTO (Built-to-order) flats have metal structures within the walls so its challenging to get decent coverage thruout the flat..With my current settings..hope it solves the problem. But for more to adopt the Velop System here in singapore, Linksys needs to iron out these 'cracks' that we current users input in these forums.😁

Did you unregistered the (troubled) Velop first on the Linksys app, or not?

Let us know how it goes, we're desperately needed answer to these Velop issues.