Re: Velop often disconnected from internet

Hi..my main node is connected by WAN from ONT (Optical Networking Terminal)...the 2nd is by wireless connected to the 1st..
@Joe Clean..no i didn't unregister the troubled one..just reset both nodes & start as a new setup..
Only difference...after set up 1st node..used mobile wifi strength(connect mobile to 1st nide via wifi) to guide me to a location where wifi was good..placed 2nd node there & added the 2nd node...Wifi strength improved for whole flat..

I had initially had my velop connected directly to the ont. after significant troubleshooting, some of it with help of my ISP (Verizon) we determined that the direct connection to the ONT was contributing to the issues I was having.
I added a verizon provided router to my set up, connected the velop to the Verizon router and things did improve.
I still have a ton of issues, but adding back the verizon router was helpful Fwiw.

That7days wrote:
@Joe Clean..no i didn't unregister the troubled one..just reset both nodes & start as a new setup..
Only difference...after set up 1st node..used mobile wifi strength(connect mobile to 1st nide via wifi) to guide me to a location where wifi was good..placed 2nd node there & added the 2nd node...Wifi strength improved for whole flat..

How's the Linksys app, does it show two Velop setup or just one?

Or to be precise, does it show as if nothing has changed on the app even though you've reset and swapped the nodes?

How long was the 1st node guided you to place the 2nd node?

Yes, definitely Joe Clean. Just indicate it upon sending us the email.

Kloe-21503
Linksys Technical Support

beklinksys wrote:
I had initially had my velop connected directly to the ont. after significant troubleshooting, some of it with help of my ISP (Verizon) we determined that the direct connection to the ONT was contributing to the issues I was having.
I added a verizon provided router to my set up, connected the velop to the Verizon router and things did improve.
I still have a ton of issues, but adding back the verizon router was helpful Fwiw.

You can do that?

What were the things / information did you add during the setup?

When was you can add those information during setup? Was is the first thing or in the middle of the setup?

Klaudette_S wrote:

Yes, definitely Joe Clean. Just indicate it upon sending us the email.

Hold on tight, I'm going to wait for That7days reply on how he/she swap the Velop nodes.

The only thing I needed to do was have verizon release and reassign me a new IP address. After they did that, I reboooted the velops, connected the parent to the new verizon router and they worked.
Just to be clear, it didn't solve all my issues. I still have many connectivity issues and nodes going yellow frequently, but it did solve some of the prior issues I was having

@Joe Clean
If just swap..it wont detect the node..u need to reset the nodes..log out..sign in again..start as a new setup..go thru the process as if you are setting doe the 1st time...after successfully setup 1st node..your mobile will be connected via wifi to the 1st. Simply jus move away from the 1st node n monitor the WiFi strength in your mobile..thr strength will go down as you move away...lets say you have total 4bars of Wi-Fi..once u see 2bars...place your 2nd node there & add it to thru the app
@beklinksys... you too can try the above as the issues seems to be similar.. the amber led

beklinksys wrote:
The only thing I needed to do was have verizon release and reassign me a new IP address. After they did that, I reboooted the velops, connected the parent to the new verizon router and they worked.
Just to be clear, it didn't solve all my issues. I still have many connectivity issues and nodes going yellow frequently, but it did solve some of the prior issues I was having

The yellow LED is a sign that the node is quite far away from the other nodes, perhaps you should run channel finder on the Velop.

Hey, I remember you were there when I asked about how to run channel finder on the Velop. 

Channel finder in velop doesnt seem to work..read abt it in the other forum grp.