Re: Velop often disconnected from internet

That7days wrote:
@Joe Clean
If just swap..it wont detect the node..u need to reset the nodes..log out..sign in again..start as a new setup..go thru the process as if you are setting doe the 1st time...after successfully setup 1st node..your mobile will be connected via wifi to the 1st. Simply jus move away from the 1st node n monitor the WiFi strength in your mobile..thr strength will go down as you move away...lets say you have total 4bars of Wi-Fi..once u see 2bars...place your 2nd node there & add it to thru the app
@beklinksys... you too can try the above as the issues seems to be similar.. the amber led

Oh, I know how to do the spot search for the nodes, no need to explain it like I'm an idiot.

What I want to know is how long was the process, for the Linksys app to scan the nodes to determine how far/near those nodes should be and says it's okay.

I ask, because the Linksys app was giving me the hard time even though I've placed the nodes pretty close to each others.

So just by resetting the Velop nodes, log out from the Linksys app, all I have to do is start the setup all over again and the Linksys app won't show the previously installed Velop setup?

After reset...the option to set up a new velop system will appear on the app...it took me abt 10 to 20mins to setup both nodes (had a problem with the 2nd node initially)The scanning itself was a minute or so.
Do swap the nodes to monitor if same problems persist.

Finally, Linksys released a new app version on the App Store.

And they say soon they'll release a new Velop firmware as well, hopefully it will squash all of its connectivity problems.

IMG_1489.PNG

Thats great..Thanks for the info.

Hi,

Do you have smart devices connected to the Velop network?

Smart devices are like: smart plug, August lock, Nest Cam, Philips Hue, etc.

If yes, how many are there?

I'm suspecting something here...

Hello all,

I'm happy to report that it's been three straight days without a single internet drop and the need to reboot the Velop system, all because the Velop was automatically updated to the newest firmware: v1.1.2.183316

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 23.02.52.png

I really hope this isn't temporary, but a permanent solution from Linksys.

*cross fingers*

I hope you guys also experiencing the same stability with the new firmware update, which means Linksys have (and should have) nailed a solution.

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

I'm sad to report that this afternoon the Velop system has experienced yet another disconnection from the internet, just right after yesterday I reported the Velop system (with the new firmware v1.1.2.183316) was fine for three straight days.

So the new firmware was able to help the Velop system keep connected to the internet for around 4 days.

Dear Linksys IT team, dunno what you guys did to the new firmware, but could you guys crank it up more!

For a mesh WiFi system as expensive as this Velop system, we (users) should at least have a piece of mind when using it.

And yet, another internet disconnection an hour ago...

Waited for about 10 minutes, when the Velop system didn't restarted and re-connect to the internet by itself, I had to reboot it manually.

Really, Linksys what gives? This is not right, do you really tests this system or not.

Expert

[ Edited ]

Joe Clean wrote:

And yet, another internet disconnection an hour ago...

Waited for about 10 minutes, when the Velop system didn't restarted and re-connect to the internet by itself, I had to reboot it manually.

Really, Linksys what gives? This is not right, do you really tests this system or not.

Hi Joe,

It's probably something to do with your modem or network setup since others are no longer reporting this issue. (At least user reports of this have drastically dropped)

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

chadster766 wrote:

Hi Joe,

It's probably something to do with your modem or network setup since others are no longer reporting this issue. (At least user reports of this have drastically dropped)

Chad,

If that's the case, then I'd like to know which setup is wrong.

FYI I left the modem setup as it is from the ISP, I've checked there seems nothing suspicious or strange from the settings, but then I might wrong because I'm not a network expert.