Re: Velop often disconnected from internet

PianSom wrote:

Yes, me too. I get regular short term disconnects on the current firmware in bridge mode (no wired nodes, 5 in total; updated from beta, no factory reset). 

I am not a gamer so it's not a killer issue, but nonetheless this is a very annoying problem and has caused home automation and moaning family issues. I find that a reboot of the primary node will sometimes solve the problem for a day or so. I am thinking of connecting the main node to a mains timer which forces a reboot at 3am every day. 

Wow, 5 nodes...

I was also planning to add two more nodes to the three-nodes Velop package, but when I encountered this disconnecting issue, I postponed the plan and still wait to see if the issue will ever be resolved.

It's very annoying when the the other two Velop nodes were disconnected from the first/main node, my kids will throw a tantrum whenever it happen, especially when she can't no longer watch Peppa Pig or Oddbods vidoes. *LoL*

So yeah, even though the remedy is to reset the two disconnected nodes, it works, but still for a mesh-WiFi system as expensive as this Velop it's not right. Linksys should consider replacing all the disfunctional nodes a.s.a.p.

PianSom wrote:

PS I *really* don't want to spend my time talking through my issue with friendly but ultimately helpless Linksys second level support Smiley Happy 

So true, so true...

Anonymous

This is happening to me too, and I've confirmed the internet is NOT down, I simply check it without the Velop connected and internet is fine and working.

What is the status of this? I'm going to return it if there is no progress on this, cant have my internet just dropping out randomly. If anything I'd expect wireless problems, not basic connectivity problems...

Anonymous

BTW, I'm using a 3 node system, all nodes are using wired back channel.

Anonymous

happened again, down for 5 plus minutes still down, using mobile. in bridge mode, connected to router, internet works fine, dns and high bandwidth/latency all good, but velop claims internet down and all wireless users down.

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

wired users on router (not velop, its in bridge mode) also work

Anonymous

another note, the mesh wifi network is working, I can ssh into my router on the velop wifi, and then get out to the internet, ping, wget, from the router cli.

@Ricoshady

Did you set the Linksys Velop into Bridge Mode? Would you mind sharing with us your network topology? We'd like to get a better understanding of your current setup.

For this matter, make sure that your unit is running on the latest firmware.

Ces-21490
Linksys Technical Support

Ricoshady wrote:

This is happening to me too, and I've confirmed the internet is NOT down, I simply check it without the Velop connected and internet is fine and working.

What is the status of this? I'm going to return it if there is no progress on this, cant have my internet just dropping out randomly. If anything I'd expect wireless problems, not basic connectivity problems...

It's happening to a lot of users, Linksys really did it this time this is a basic connectivity issue, "recalling units" seems imminent.

The status is unsolved, and the only temporary remedy for me looks like the Bridge Mode.

It's been few days since the last internet disconnection, everything looks okay so far, but since I don't stay at home 24 hours a day, I can't confirm if the internet disconnection occur every now and then.

That's the drawback of the Bridge Mode, we can't get notification from Linksys app on our smartphone when the Velop nodes lose the connection...

Ces_C wrote:

@Ricoshady

Did you set the Linksys Velop into Bridge Mode? Would you mind sharing with us your network topology? We'd like to get a better understanding of your current setup.

For this matter, make sure that your unit is running on the latest firmware.

Can you help me with the Velop LED light sign?

One of the three Velop nodes is showing strange LED sign: Amber - Red - Blue, over and over.

And it's disconnected from the other two nodes.

I didn't try to reboot it, I'll wait for it to reconnect by itself or until someone tell me what those light sign is.

Before this happened, that particular node is showing a weak blue light.

I photographed it, here it is:

Napkin 09-09-17, 00.23.34.png

The left pic is the node with the weak blue light, for comparison on the right is the normal node with bright blue light.

And can you help me with the Velop node internet setting?

I've set the first / main node internet setting to the Bridge Mode, and the other two nodes are automatically changed their internet setting into Wireless Repeater, is this correct?

Or should I change it to Wireless Bridge?

[ Edited ]

@Joe Clean

Did the LED start to blink Amber - Red - Blue after you've set it to Bridge Mode? It's alright to reboot the node if the LED is blinking, this is to isolate the challenge. Just to verify, what's the current status of the light right now? Is it still the same (Amber - Red - Blue)?

In regard to Bridge Mode, please check out this link

Ces-21490
Linksys Technical Support