Re: Velop often disconnected from internet

Ces_C wrote:

@Joe Clean

Did the LED start to blink Amber - Red - Blue after you've set it to Bridge Mode? It's alright to reboot the node if the LED is blinking, this is to isolate the challenge. Just to verify, what's the current status of the light right now? Is it still the same (Amber - Red - Blue)?

In regard to Bridge Mode, please check out this link

No, it just happened yesterday and it happened again after I rebooted the node.

Right now that particular node's LED light is weak blue, like before.

The last I checked; the blinking LED light was only Amber & Blue, the Red dissappeared.

What does those blinking LED light mean??

So when I changed the internet setting in the first / main node to Bridge Mode, I don't have to do anything to the other two nodes? They'll change their internet setting by themselves?

[ Edited ]

@Ces_C

It happened again, just few hours after I reset it, it went down again and showing the Amber - Blue light again.

What is that light combination mean???

Perhaps the node is defective?

If it is a defective node, what should I do?

Because that particular node is positioned exactly in the middle, between the first / main node and the third node.

So if it went down, so is the third (and farthest) node.

If I swap the third into the troubled node, then the rest of the house won't be getting WiFi signal when it went down again.

Email us at LinksysCares@linksys.com so that we'll have your units checked by our Escalation Engineers, Joe Clean. Attach the link to this post, your phone number, and your location.

Kloe-21503
Linksys Technical Support

I have been struggling with my Main Node going offline constantly. The problem seems to be gettng worse. At first I was thinking it was my router but I would plug my computer directly in and it would get an ip and work. The limited interface doesn't help when troubleshooting these devices.

@btoflinski

What's the make and model of the router that your referring to? Is your Linksys Velop cascaded to it? It is recommended to use the Velop as your main router so you'll be able to experience its full potential.

To isolate, please try the following workarounds:

-reboot the node and see if the challenge persist

-if you have a second or third node, swap it with your main node

-make sure that your node/s are running on the latest firmware

Ces-21490

I originally had the Node directly connected to a Motorola Surfboard SB6121 Cable Modem. I just recently put a TPlink TL-WR940N router between the modem and the Velop because the main node seems to just stop working. It shows a blue light but shows as offline I have to turn the node off and back on every few days recently. I have it set to update the firmware automatically so it should be on the latest(1.1.2.183316). I will try swapping the node out with another one to see if it fixes it.

[ Edited ]

btoflinski wrote:

I originally had the Node directly connected to a Motorola Surfboard SB6121 Cable Modem. I just recently put a TPlink TL-WR940N router between the modem and the Velop because the main node seems to just stop working. It shows a blue light but shows as offline I have to turn the node off and back on every few days recently. I have it set to update the firmware automatically so it should be on the latest(1.1.2.183316). I will try swapping the node out with another one to see if it fixes it.

@btoflinski--

I came to the same conclusion about cycling the power to the Velops every few days.  The network seems to be be much more responsive after power cycling and results in less disconnects.

J

I've been having this issue every few weeks since I got the router. I'm running Google Fiber network box with the velop Routers in bridge mode. The week has had the router going offline just about every day. Although it seems other nodes wireless work. All nodes have a wired CAT 6 backbone. Last night all the nodes were in RED lighting although I was getting less than optimul throughput. For a $500 mesh router, you'd expect some sort of self diagnostic / automatic reboot. As a consumer, I shouldn't have to reset my router more than once a month, having to do it daily is a firmware failure. As wide spread of an issue as it is, its a linksys issue. One configuration is, should my child nodes be wired through the parrent node (current configuration) or would it improve performance to wire them directly into my gateway/router fiber box as the parrent node is.

@Giftera

To isolate:

-If you're offline, try to connect a computer directly to your main router and check if the connection is stable from there.

-You could also try to reboot the nodes and the main router for isolation.

-Make sure that your running on firmware version 1.1.2.183316. 

With regard to your query, it'll have the same result as the Velop depends on the main router.

Ces-21490

I'll say that ever since changing the modem to one that is not a modem router combo and then resetting the whole network, I have been almost perfect.

The velops would only lose connection once every few days, but I barely noticeable because the connection is picked back up almost immediately.

I think right now it's fair to say (since neither I or my wife have noticed any disconnects) that it's been stable for about two-thirds weeks now.