idq

Velop timeout again and again, how can I fix this?

Hi, 

I'm starting to give up. I previously had a two wrt3200 routers which I got replaced with a Velop setup after numerous firmware issues. The first two weeks I had no issues at all, everything was great but then suddenly a couple of days ago things got bad. Now I have to reset the system each day to be able to use it. 

Trying to explain the problem. Take youtube for example. I can load the page but only a couple of video thumnails will load, refreshing the page might load a cuple more. Another example might be a file that I want to download, it will start but stops after a couple of seconds then times out. It's like it will start a job loading a webpage or resource then just abort. 

I have tried running 3 and 4 nodes where two with wired connection using 1.1.2.185309. The nodes all have good connection and if I run a Speed check I get good results. The only way I have been able to fix this is to restart the system, which I need to do alot. I starting to feel like a beta tester. Any advice on what I can do to fix this or should I just ask for my money back.

Expert

Re: Velop timeout again and again, how can I fix this?

@wrote:

Hi, 

I'm starting to give up. I previously had a two wrt3200 routers which I got replaced with a Velop setup after numerous firmware issues. The first two weeks I had no issues at all, everything was great but then suddenly a couple of days ago things got bad. Now I have to reset the system each day to be able to use it. 

Trying to explain the problem. Take youtube for example. I can load the page but only a couple of video thumnails will load, refreshing the page might load a couple more. Another example might be a file that I want to download, it will start but stops after a couple of seconds then times out. It's like it will start a job loading a webpage or resource then just abort. 

I have tried running 3 and 4 nodes where two with wired connection using 1.1.2.185309. The nodes all have good connection and if I run a Speed check I get good results. The only way I have been able to fix this is to restart the system, which I need to do alot. I starting to feel like a beta tester. Any advice on what I can do to fix this or should I just ask for my money back.

Hi idq

Can you provide your configuration? For example:

modem -> velop (master) -> velop (wired)
                                          -> velop (wireless)

Do you have the same version of firmware on all nodes?

Z

idq

Current configuration using 3 nodes: modem -> velop(master, *.1) -> velop(wired, *.51) -> velop(wifi, *.36)

all running fw 1.1.2.185309

bh_report
NODE IP          PARENT IP        Intf.  Chan.   RSSI(AP/STA)      Speed  State
---------------  ---------------  -----  -----   ------------  ---------  -----
192.168.1.36     192.168.1.1        5GH  100          -92/-89    0.69900     up
192.168.1.51     Unknown           eth1  wired              0   1024.000     up

show_devices
 No.        IP           Conn.    Stat        Name            FW Ver         Role
----  ----------------  --------  ----  ----------------  ----------------  ------
      192.168.1.1       wired     Up    Cellar            1.1.2.185309      master 
                        wireless  Down  Living Room       1.1.2.185309      slave  
      192.168.1.51      wired     Up                                               
                        wireless  Down                                             
                        wireless  Up    Family Room       1.1.2.185309      slave  
      192.168.1.36      wired     Up                                               
                        wireless  Down 

Go back to where you bought the Velops and get a refund. Quickly.

Don't become one of us - the people who haunt this forum, waiting in vain for firmware which works, with only our own misery to protect us from the constant abuse directed at us by family members fed up with useless home wifi.

Expert

[ Edited ]

wrote:

Current configuration using 3 nodes: modem -> velop(master, *.1) -> velop(wired, *.51) -> velop(wifi, *.36)

all running fw 1.1.2.185309

bh_report
NODE IP          PARENT IP        Intf.  Chan.   RSSI(AP/STA)      Speed  State
---------------  ---------------  -----  -----   ------------  ---------  -----
192.168.1.36     192.168.1.1        5GH  100          -92/-89    0.69900     up
192.168.1.51     Unknown           eth1  wired              0   1024.000     up

show_devices
 No.        IP           Conn.    Stat        Name            FW Ver         Role
----  ----------------  --------  ----  ----------------  ----------------  ------
      192.168.1.1       wired     Up    Cellar            1.1.2.185309      master 
                        wireless  Down  Living Room       1.1.2.185309      slave  
      192.168.1.51      wired     Up                                               
                        wireless  Down                                             
                        wireless  Up    Family Room       1.1.2.185309      slave  
      192.168.1.36      wired     Up                                               
                        wireless  Down 

Hi idq--

The configuration looks good. Any indication this is an ISP problem?

Z

idq

[ Edited ]

@PianSom Thanks for the straight answer, i'm laughing and crying at the same time.

@