Highlighted

connecting velop routers using (fios) ethernet over coax

I want to install a mesh router that will cover my office, my wife's office and the area in between.  Too many walls for mesh routers to connect wirelessly, but we have coax throughout our home.  Currently we have an Actiontek WCB3000n bridge in her office providing both wireless and hard wire ethernet connection from her desktop.  I have the FIOS router installed in my office and that provides wireless and hard wire connection for my desktop.  Our living room is covered by both of the wireless units...the one in my office covers most, but the one in my wife's office is stronger in one part.

I would like to install mesh...because we both use tablets as well as desktops and we find ourselves walking, tablet in hand from one office to the other.....and we drop connection...even though all wireless has the same ID and passwords.  Mesh SHOULD stop that as the handoff from one mesh router to the other should work transparently (an assumption which I hope is true).

The configuration I'd like to install is two mesh routers, one in my wife's office and one in mine.  I would connec the one in my wife's office to the WCB3000n (it's in bridge mode) and I would install the other in my office wired ethernet to the FIOS router.  Both Mesh routers would operate in bridge mode...and the other wireless in the house would be turned off.

Long explaination...but will this configuration work....can I put WCB300n ethernet over coax router/bridges between the mesh routing nodes?

Re: connecting velop routers using (fios) ethernet over coax

Hi ghstudio. The Linksys Velop is a Seamless Technology , and a Tri-band connection that sends flawless and full strength Wi-Fi across your entire home by 2000 sq. ft. per node. Most users would prefer this set up a router first and the velop using Bridge mode. Just click these links to know more about Velop and setting it up to Bridge mode.

Gerard_21724
Linksys Technical Support

How about answering my question rather than sending me to marketing boilerplate.....

@ wrote:
How about answering my question rather than sending me to marketing boilerplate.....

Apologies for that ghstudio, forgot to mention that the setup you ask is not possible. However, just want to clarify about the over coax router/bridge between the nodes, you want to use the WCB300n as an extender?

Gerard_21724

I have coax throughout the house.  I want to use the WCB300's like powerline adapters...just to carry the ethernet signal over the coax.  The WCB's will be in bridge mode with no active wireless and nothing else connected to them.  The only wireless I want active in the house is the mesh network.

@ wrote:

I have coax throughout the house.  I want to use the WCB300's like powerline adapters...just to carry the ethernet signal over the coax.  The WCB's will be in bridge mode with no active wireless and nothing else connected to them.  The only wireless I want active in the house is the mesh network.

Understood. We suggest that you use one Velop node (parent) as the main router and plug it to the modem. The FIOS router, with its wireless network disabled, will then be plugged into the parent node. 

Configure the other velop as a child node and connect the WCB300 so that the network will be extended to your wife's office.

Let us know if you have any challenges so we can assist you accordingly. Hope this will help with your setup.

Gerard_21724