iPhone related connectivity issues?

Has anyone experience issues with the iPhone connecting to WIFI via the Velop?

i have multiple iphones in my family, and all seem to intermittently be unable to access the internet, even though i am in some cases 3 feet away from a velop node.  At the time that the devices are unable to access the internet, multiple other devices in the home are able to connect fine.

I've upgraded to latest version of iOs just to rule that out, but am still having the issue.

thanks for any help you can provide.

Re: iPhone related connectivity issues?

Just an additional piece of information.

just happened again.

turned wifi off and on, no help.

Was able to restore connectivity by selecting the "renew lease" option within the Settings on the iPhone.

I think it's part of the internet connectivity issues that some people are experiencing as discussed in other Forum posts.  I have the same issue and have been working with Linksys Level 2 support.  It seems worse with our Apple devices for some reason, but it does affect everything.  The conditions are strong WiFi connection to the Velop but the internet just drops off periodically.

I have the same issue with our iPhones ... and it is worse since the latest firmware 1.1.2.183316.

I spent one hour with the Technical support who made me reinstall all my nodes (I have 6 in a very large house). But the issue is still there. Waiting for support Level 2 to call back.

I’m beginning to think this is an iOS issue. I originally had a 3-pack Velop which first had this issue on older firmwares, before I returned it last week. I’ve been running every beta of iOS 11 and thought it might be the prerelease software, because now I have the 2nd-Gen eero and it’s doing the exact same thing.

What security type are you running on the SSID.  I've noticed the same thing on open or WEP secured networks - seems to take forever to connect, and then it needs a 'kick' to get an IP address.

Ha, I was looking to replace my Eeros with a Linksys Velop because of the same iOS connectivity issues.  There is a long thread about this problem over at https://community.eero.com/t/63tnbx/eero-iphone-connectivity-issues

The one system I haven't heard this happening on is Amplifi HD.  But that may be because they don't have a forum. 

If it is an iOS issue, it is affecting even iOS 9 devices.  The fact some are also reporting it about Google Pixel phones makes me think it is Eero.  But if Linksys is having the same issue.  ???  Smiley Frustrated

I had the same issues for weeks of iOS devices connected to wifi but no internet (while other devices were all fine. It was a problem with both IOS9 and IOS10 devices. It even went worse with the latest firmeware 1.1.2.183316) BUT I finally was able to solve it but reinstalling my entire network (6 velop nodes in total). I am not talking about resetting the nodes but truely restore each of them to factory default and then resintall each node of after the other. I did that one week ago and have zero issue with my ios devices since, hoping this issue will never come back. So good luck to all!

[ Edited ]

Looks like I've also got the same problem,but i only got 3 velop nodesSmiley Surprised

cribou wrote:

I had the same issues for weeks of iOS devices connected to wifi but no internet (while other devices were all fine. It was a problem with both IOS9 and IOS10 devices. It even went worse with the latest firmeware 1.1.2.183316) BUT I finally was able to solve it but reinstalling my entire network (6 velop nodes in total). I am not talking about resetting the nodes but truely restore each of them to factory default and then resintall each node of after the other. I did that one week ago and have zero issue with my ios devices since, hoping this issue will never come back. So good luck to all!

What's the difference between resetting and truly restoring to factory default? How do you do the latter?