How to work USB dongle for the Tasking compiler under Windows 10? Solution!

Following steps might be useful to work with the USB dongle for the Tasking compiler under Windows 10 64 bit.

Note: I’m using Tasking compiler version 8.7

http://www.asix.com.tw/products.php?op=pItemdetail&PItemID=97;71;101&PLine=71

use the above link to download driver for Windows 10.

Select:

123.png

Which will download AX88772C_772B_772A_772_Win10_v3.18.2.0_Drivers_Setup_v1.0.2.0.zip

Click on the setup.exe file for installation. You need to have administrator rights to do that. The drivers will now be installed. The installation window will disappear while installing. Please wait for a while until a new window appears and click the Finish button.

Although the ASIX driver is installed Windows will not load the driver because Linksys used their own VID and PID.

1234.png

To force Windows to use the ASIX driver for the USB200M continue with the following:

1. Double click on the "USB 2.0 Network Adapter ver.2" icon and click on the Driver tab of theopened window.
  2. Click on "Update Driver" and
  3. click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
  4. Select "Network Adapter"
  5. Click on "ASIX" and ASIX AX8872 USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter"  ! don't click on use the 'A' version !
  6. Click on "Next". A Warning window "Installingh this device driver is not recommended because Windows cannot verify that it is compatible with your hardware ..." appears.
  7. Click on the "Yes" button as you want to install the driver anyway. A window with "Windows has successfully updated your driver software" appears.
  8. Click on "Close".

12345.png

1. Uninstall Tasking compiler
  2. Add the license file in the license folder.
  3. Install Tasking compiler again.
  4. Restart the machine. Your Linksys USB200M should be ready to use under Windows 10 now.