PMG

PLW400 killed network

Been running a powerline network for several years with a pair of PLS400 4 port adapters tied to a PLE400.

Bought a PLW400 to improve wifi in a big dead zone opposite side of house, went to install it and add to network, was having issues with it being open and not connecting to existing wifi network so tried to reset and no joy so went with tech support who had me reset again and then messed with my main PLE400 and now none of my PLS400 connect, nor does the PLW400.

Nothing but the main PLE400 shows up in the utility now (when before all 4 boxes did). I need to get this network back up and running but I'm not trusting tech support at this point since their instruction is what put me in the predicament in the first place.

My PLE400 is connected directly to my EA6400 router, on the same circuit. None of my other adapters that were previously working have been moved and now i have no Amazon, Netflix or wife's computer (work Mac so I need this back ASAP).

Do I just need to start from scratch???

Expert

Re: PLW400 killed network

I'm guessing that the power line security network key on your main Powerline adapter was changed. You might be able to reverse that by using the Restore Default Key option or you may have to apply the new key to all the other Powerline adapters to get them communicating again.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support
PMG

I ended up resetting everything starting with the main PLE.

Now just need to get the PLW400 to connect via WPS.

Expert

PMG wrote:

I ended up resetting everything starting with the main PLE.

Now just need to get the PLW400 to connect via WPS.

Do you have WPS enabled in your wireless router? I don't recommend enabling it because it can be problematic and is a security issue.

Instead you can use the PWL Utility to set the PLW400 simple wireless settings or use the advance settings which you can get to via browser http://ip-address-of-PLW400-listed-in-main-router-dhcp-client-table

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support