PLWK400 and Windows 10

Hi, I bought a PLWK400 and was able to set it up without using my pc. Now that I need to set up the security I find that it is not compatible with Windows 10. What can I do to set up security on it? Any suggestions?

Highlighted

Re: PLWK400 and Windows 10

Hi, ramiroski8. The best option that I can suggest is to connect your PLWK400 Powerline Adapter to a PC with a lower Windows OS version (Windows 8 perhaps) since setting up a security needs to be done on the Powerline AV Utility. You may refer to this article as your guide.

Dennis - 20702
Linksys Technical Support

Why is there not Windows 10 software for a product actively sold by your company? 

We understand your sentiments, Raym1234. Our Engineering Team is aware and is working hard to address this challenge. Don't worry because we'll forward your feedback to our team and rest assured that you will be notified as soon as an update is available. Thank you for your patience.

Dennis - 20702

Is there a way to be on a distribution list as soon as the driver for Windows 10 comes out so that I can get the official driver installed right away?

Right now I only have computers with Windows 10 so the PLWK400 is useless until that update comes out.

Expert

Hi Jared. We do not have any distribution list. Rest assured that we will announce it in our website as soon as it's available. Meanwhile, if you would want to set up wireless security on your powerline device, you can also set it up manually. Please check these links out, 

http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=140372

http://www.linksys.com/ph/support-article?articleNum=138328#using

Hope that helps.

Liezl-10104

Is there an update on when an update will be available for Windows 10? 

When I run Set Up I get an error: 

Error description:   OS not support
Model name:   AE3000
Operating system:   Windows XP
Software version:   1.0.0.4

It then asks me to close the window and there are no files loaded on the PC so I can't set up anything at this point.

I see a link about changing security settings via a Web site but since I can't get anything loaded up from the set up file there is nothing to change.

Is there a work around from support on how to manually run an initial set up bypassing the Error Code above so I can set up the hardware and then have something to change on the Web Based security settings?  THe disc itself is useless at this point for set up since nothing loads up due to the error above.

Thnx

[ Edited ]

Messaged duped.

@Brooklynvette

Check out these links on how to setup or install the PLWK400: 

http://www.linksys.com/sa/support-article?articleNum=140631

http://www.linksys.com/ph/support-article?articleNum=140284

Update us with the results. 

Jay-15354

We have been waiting 7 months since the last post indicating that Linksys was working on the problems using the Powerline
AV Utility with Windows 10.  I just want to make sure my adapter and extenders are secure and I have the original disk from the PLWK4000 kit, and it just won't load.  It keeps saying "Need Window 7 or greater". . . which Windows 10 is, so I'm baffled at the delay.  Perhaps support has created a software download for this utility, but I have not been able to find it using a search of Powerline AV Utility.

Can someone in support provide information about whether there will be a fix any time soon?