Powerline AV Utility doesn't see th PLW400

[ Edited ]

I have a Linksys PLWK400 kit which seems to be working. I have a network connection through the ethernet cable to the PLW400.  However the Cisco Powerline AV Utility doesn't see any devices.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Frank

Expert

Re: Powerline AV Utility doesn't see th PLW400

Did you try the newest version of the utility from the Linksys support site?

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

I downloaded and tried the latest version but no difference.

Hi fdunn1ca. The utility software may not be syncing properly with the device. Have you tried downloading and installing the utility on a different computer? How about doing a reset on the device and download/install the utility?  You may get the utility from this link, http://support.linksys.com/en-us/support/powerline/PLW400. If that doesn't work, it may be best to update its firmware and reset the unit again. 

Expert

I can't remember how its done but you need to reset the security certificate to defaults for both adapters.

Linksys

@chadster766 I agree with you on resetting the powerline adapters. Make sure the Utility is already installed on your computer while the adapters are still on factory defaults. Then, get the PLE400 plug on and connected to your router network while the PLW400 is also plug on to the power outlet. Finally, run the AV Utility and it should be able to detect the powerline adapters.

Hope that helps. Cat Very Happy

I'm in the same situation.

I bought PLWK400 refurbished last week.  Yesterday, I got it running but the included software (Version 1.3.0) would not see the devices.  They were working; the PLE400 upstairs connected to a switch connected to the router, the PLW400 downstairs, laptop plugged into the PLW400's ethernet port, and on-line through the wired connection.  But nothing from the utiliy.  I tried to login to the wireless both from the laptop and an iPhone 5, but the password printed on the back of the PLW400 did not work.  I tried with and without the dashes.

Then I pressed the reset button on the PLW400, and then I couldn't connect the two at all.  Resetting the PLE400 enabled them to sync again, and now I have the PLE400 and PLW400 in the same room; same laptop (Dell Latitude E6430s; Win 7 64-bit) connected to PLW400.  Via the CD-ROM, I completely uninstalled version 1.3.0, and downloaded the current version 1.5.5.  Installed that, and still no go.  I'm going to reboot next.  Then call customer service, and if that doesn't help, return the kit.

Expert

When these devices working you should have left them alone. This type of device is usually a configure once and forget.

Now you may have to reset the device security certs using the software and play around with resets.

Linksys

How do I "reset the device security certs using the software"? The software has never seen either device.  I've tried version 1.3.0 (on the CD-ROM) and  1.5.5 (downloaded) both on a Windows laptop connected to the PLW400 via ethernet cable, and from a MacBook Pro connected to the wireless router (also Linksys; E3000) connected to a switch (also Linksys; forget the model number; 8-port Gig-E), which is connected to the PLE400.

Expert

[ Edited ]

If you have two different models of Powerline Adapters than it's not a kit. A kit comes with two of the same Powerline Adapters. Not that this won't work for you.

You need to reset the PL's and make sure they use the same security following the instructions below. After resetting the PL's connect them one at a time for configuration to your router.

PLEK400

PLE400

OwnedByTwoCats wrote:

How do I "reset the device security certs using the software"? The software has never seen either device.  I've tried version 1.3.0 (on the CD-ROM) and  1.5.5 (downloaded) both on a Windows laptop connected to the PLW400 via ethernet cable, and from a MacBook Pro connected to the wireless router (also Linksys; E3000) connected to a switch (also Linksys; forget the model number; 8-port Gig-E), which is connected to the PLE400.

Linksys