Re: USB3GIG does not work with the last MacOS

Bwahahaha - OS 10.8 and 10.9 AND not hot pluggable?

You are joking right?

You realize the latest OSX is 10.11 - you are like 2 versions behind the curve, my friend..

And you know that USB is actually specifically built for hot swapping?  

this is a joke..  I threw my Linksys in the trash and bough a $25 replacement from a different vendor that works PERFECT with LATEST OSX...

Highlighted

After uninstalling the Realtek one and reinstalling the Belkin one, it appears to work properly now...

Thanks.

[ Edited ]

Spoke too soon.

The new driver breaks the IONetworking kext. Since you copy your files in there, you're breaking the kext signature, and it refuses to load. Sure, YOUR driver works... but you bresak the Thunderbolt ethernet support:

ERROR: invalid signature for com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily, will not load

After removing AppleRTL815* from /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ and rebooting, thunderbolt ethernet is back. And this device is dead in the water .... once again. *sigh*

Guess I'll buy another brand.

This has definitely been the most disappointing Linksys product experience I have had.  Unfortunately, as I upgrade my all my home and business networking equipment Linksys is not one of the brands being considered.

Hi,

Just follow up with the USB problem.  As long as I don't upgrade it works.  I have told my son not to upgrade his MacBook.

We will be getting fiber in the next few months and  I will upgrade my router.  The AC1900 I just bought less than a year ago works well except for the USB problem. Since  it just won't handle higher speeds,  I will be looking at other brands because Linksys doesn't care about Mac OS.    My wife and daughter upgraded their Mac Air computers and the Linksys  USB quit working.  Have used Linksys for over 15 years and will be saying goodbye soon.  Ity is a matter of business priority for Linksys and Apple is not one of them.    Linksys just do PC's and spare Mac users this problem.

[ Edited ]

Linksys still advertise this as supporting OSX, which is a blatant lie.

The case is in consummer protection's hands since Linksys absolutely refuse to provide a working driver or to change their advertising.

Bad company is bad. Buy another product.

UPDATE: Case won, device refunded and Linksys fined for false advertising.