Re: USB3GIG does not work with the last MacOS

Thanks Dear, Its work for me too.

Thanks a lot 

Yes it worked for me. Lucky I didn't pay the $39 they they requested 2 minutes before I found this solution, as I'm sure he was aware of it when he went away for 4 minute to find the solution, then came back and said I had to pay for tech support to get the solution.

I'm disappointed Linksys...I hold you in high regard...but now it's a notch lower.

Note:

Installing this Realtek driver worked for OSX El Capitan 10.11.1, but with the upgrade to 10.11.2, it must be installed again!

Yes, thank you for the link!

[ Edited ]

Most Linksys/Cisco USB devices are produced by an outside vendor. If you look in "about this mac" under "system report" you will see the actual device information (listed under USB devices and after highlighting the device the details including manufacturer are populated in a pane on the lower half of the screen).  If you don't see all the various USB devices that are connected to your Mac represented go under the file menu and select "show more information" to get the detailed list.

Under manufacturer it may say realtec, asix, broadcom, or some other vendor.  But going to that vendor site you should find the driver.  With OSX 10.11.3 there is a more selective driver validation process to confirm any drivers attempting activation are properly registered both in OSX and with Apple.  If the validation fails the driver will be blocked from activation to run in OSX.

The goal is to protect the processor from being hijacked permanently which is a vulnerability that was discovered in various chips.  

system info usb mfr detail

Unfortunately, after upgrading to 10.11.3 this is not logger working.  The Linksys support article http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=156224 contains what would be a helpful link to download a beta version of the driver from Realtek, but unfortunately that link does not seem to work either.  At this point I do regret not going with another brand for this USB adapter.

Thanks a lot :-) Works for me

[ Edited ]

The Linksys driver: Unable to work after disconnecting until I reboot.

The Realtek driver: Plug the device in, kernel panic, system crash.

Wow what a bad device.

[ Edited ]

Hi, Ishtar! You shouldn't encounter any challenges if your Mac computer is running on OS X 10.8 and Mac OS X 10.9. It's best if you'll update its driver. The latest version can be downloaded from this link and here's the article for the installation.

Irish_16855
Linksys Technical Support

10.8 and 10.9? The title of this thread clearly states "Last MacOS". Your provided driver does not allow for hot-plugging, which is the entire basis of USB. The Realtek provided driver causes a kernel panic upon connect and makes OSX crash.