USB3GIG does not work with the last MacOS

Hello,

I just upgraded my MacAir to the new OS El Captain and my USB3GIG stopped working. The setup software available on the website cannot be installed (you get an error message).

Please release the new drivers.

Thanks, NS 

Re: USB3GIG does not work with the last MacOS

Dear Experts,

I am having the same issue with My MACBook Air, after download latest OS X 10.11 Update USB3GIG is stop working. waiting for solution.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Faisal

Hello team I had the same issue please support, tried to reinstall the driver but no luck, when I connect the same USB with windows parallels it works fine.

Hi everyone. There is no available OS X 10.11 driver for now. We advise that you use the adapter with its supported operating systems:

•  Windows
   o  Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit)
   o  Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
   o  Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
   o  Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
   o  Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)

•   Mac OS X®
   o  Mac OS X 10.8
   o  Mac OS X 10.9

•  Chrome OS

http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=142505

Zeb - 10124
Linksys Technical Support

Sam here, I am on El Capitan and it does not work.

Same problem here..

It was working perfectly fine with Yosemite..  Then I upgraded to El Capitan today and my network stopped working..

This really sucks - very poor customer support...

UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS, LINKSYS!!

When do you expect to have updated drivers??????

Zee,

Thanks for the update it is helpful to point that out. It seems that support hasn't been updated in too long. Lucky for us it just worked in OS X 10.10.

Since it doesn't work for us now in 10.11 can you pass on if support is coming or if not where we can go to voice our need for support? This adapter is great and it would be a shame to have to get rid of it.

Thanks in advance.

-r

Hi risaacson. You are free to express your thoughts here in the community. There are Linksys moderators who monitor the community threads and will relay your requests to the right team. We have informed the engineering team about your request for a USB3GIG driver update and we are still waiting for feedback.

Zeb - 10124
Linksys Technical Support

I posted a negative review to Amazon.com and someone replied that the "Realtek" chipsets in these adapters work with the new Realtek drivers..

I installed the Realtek drivers and my Linksys adapter now WORKS 100% with OSX 10.11

You can download and install the driver here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=56&Level=5&Conn=4&DownT...

Note to Linksys... you might want to update your rebranded driver from Realtek with the latest one that works!!!! 

linksysUSB3GIGV1.jpg

Thanks for the link.  It worked for me!