EA7300 security issues

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

I am new on these forums and I hope someone can help me, thanks in advance.

I bought my router just three monhs ago, for a month it was working well; however, Avast started telling me "your devices is not configured correctly/is vulnerable to attacks from within your network/ attackers could control completely this device"

I got scared so I talked to support, after many hours they told me it was probably a problem with "Spectrum"?? but my devices are problem-free. The next day I run an scan and everything was OK until three weeks ago.

This time I checked the secirity on my router (I am also using the app on my phone) after many attempts I could sign on my smartwifilinksys account on my PC because it was directing me to a not secure page... Suddenly it stopped working and a message telling me "your router is not connected to the internet, check it and try later" appeared, this is not possible since the router is wired to the internet and ethernet port to this PC, since then I have no access to my account.

This time Support told me it was a false positive from Avast and sent me a link with just three very old posts!! Telling me that if I was able to use the app and get access to my router everyting was OK, and about my account? I needed to try again and again...

I was wondering if the problem about my antivirus saying the router is not configured correctly has something to do with my account and the message...

Avast tells is not a false positive, I do not know what else to do, Support is not helping and every day I am afraid of using WiFi.

Has anyone had a problem like this?

Did I waste my money and do I need to get a new router?

Thank you so much

Re: EA7300 security issues

Hi, Fall_Sky. We were able to review your record on our system and we'd like to have our Product Experts look into this further. Please keep your lines open as a representative will be in touch with you within 24-48 business hours.

Jo-Ann - 21744
Linksys Technical Support

hi Gwwsghe vdd

Meu EA6300 também está apresentando o mesmo problema de vulnerabilidade pelo AVAST, Virus CVE-2017-14491. Qual a solução?

Hello,

Was your problem fixed?

Highlighted

Was your problem fixed?

Hello. I bought yesterday the EA7300. The Avast antivirus says that the router is vulnerable to hackers. What´s the solution, please? I did update with the latest firmware and no solve the problem. Thank you

[ Edited ]

Hi, raelius99.

For more information and update about the KRACK, please visit the Linksys Advisory Page.

Pamela - 21733

The link doesn´t work. It says “An invalid set of parameters has been specified in the url.”

Thank you

@raelius99 Apologies. Here's the link to refer: https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=246427... Hope that helps!

Carl_S 21985