Expert

Re: LRT 214 and DHCP

Nope the EA9500 will auto fix any up address conflicts after reset to factory default and allow you to connect to it normally and reconfigure.

Keep in mind the auto fix will put the EA9500 lan ip subnet to a random 10.x.x.x subnet.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

How do you determine the random 10.x.x.x subnet subnet so I can manually configure Mac to be on same subnet to see it?

Expert

[ Edited ]

You can't, you have to get the IP Address from EA9500 DHCP.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

Pretty much have the house back working.  It took replacing the LRT214 after a firmware upgrade identified a hardware fault.  Once I got the LRT214 back functioning we determined the EA9500 had issues.  To fix this the device needed to have its firmware uploaded using the tftp.exe mechanism.  Once we were able to get control of the EA9500 with upgraded firmware we were able to place it into bridge mode to act as a WAP for house.

Thanks for your help.

I have finally given up on the LRT 214.  It worked for a period of time, around 24 hours then new devices failed to get DHCP addresses.  It took a while to rewire my house but I have the EA9500 in my basement operating as the core router for house and 3 RE7000 devices wired up as range extenders to give me signal across entire house.

This has confirmed for me a valuable lesson.  Don't expect a device from the home side of the business to interoperate correctly with a device purchased from the business class of devices. The Linksys online folks will tell you anything necessary to close a sale.   I am also disappointed I am unable to use the vpn capabilities of the LRT 214.  

I will spend some more time researching alternatives to get me the VPN/DMZ I want along with a wireless network that can handle the size of my house.  The mesh stuff looks interesting but I think I will give Velop a pass.  After being a loyal Linksys customer since they first started as a company, they really disappointed me this time.

Highlighted

Disappointing but after days with multiple levels of support, numerous configurations, and an amazing amount of wasted time going through the exact same troubleshooting checklist with the support folks, I was able to configure my house to have vpn access, MU-MIMO capabilities, and very high speed wifi.  All I need to do was give up on Linksys and get the X10 Nighthawk from Netgear.

For my attempt to try to get the Linksys configuration that their online sales told me would meet my requirements, I have a like new LRT 214, an EA9500, and 3 R7000 devices that have now been pulled from my network.  I was a loyal customer through numerous router/switch replacements ever since they started as a company (over 20 years).  Somewhere they lost their way.  Anyone that would like some lightly used equipment for dirt cheap send me a private email..