Re: LRT224 intermittent hangs

[ Edited ]

Wow. So I haven't had a hang in over 2 weeks with multicast passthrough and UPnP turned off. About an hour ago I turned both back on and was getting ready to post here and let you guys know that I was restesting with them on. It only took about 1 hour before the LRT224 hung. Now I tend to be a very pragmatic guy so I'm still not willing to say 100% that either multicast passthrough or UPnP is the cause, but man, if that isn't compelling evidence then I don't know what is.

And, like we've already mentioned many times before, between multicast passthrough and UPnP my money is on UPnP as the ultimate cause. I already know for sure that UPnP does not work correctly on the LRT224 since I've never been able to get it to work with the Xbox One. I have to forward UDP 88 and TCP/UDP 3074-3075 to get it to work.

So what do we all have in common I wonder? Here is everything I know of on my network.

Xbox One

3 Windows 10 PC's

2 Android Phones

2 Kindle Tablets

Amazon Echo

Amazon FireTV

Also, I have dual stack IPv4 and IPv6 enabled.

Expert

bdginmo wrote:

Wow. So I haven't had a hang in over 2 weeks with multicast passthrough and UPnP turned off. About an hour ago I turned both back on and was getting ready to post here and let you guys know that I was restesting with them on. It only took about 1 hour before the LRT224 hung. Now I tend to be a very pragmatic guy so I'm still not willing to say 100% that either multicast passthrough or UPnP is the cause, but man, if that isn't compelling evidence then I don't know what is.

And, like we've already mentioned many times before, between multicast passthrough and UPnP my money is on UPnP as the ultimate cause. I already know for sure that UPnP does not work correctly on the LRT224 since I've never been able to get it to work with the Xbox One. I have to forward UDP 88 and TCP/UDP 3074-3075 to get it to work.

So what do we all have in common I wonder? Here is everything I know of on my network.

Xbox One

3 Windows 10 PC's

2 Android Phones

2 Kindle Tablets

Amazon Echo

Amazon FireTV

Also, I have dual stack IPv4 and IPv6 enabled.

I looked throught this thread again and you didn't confirm that you did the below process:

Update the firmware to the latest version, then reset to factory default and reconfigure from scratch (no saved config file). This is critical and is required with LRT routers.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

Thanks for the help Chadster. Go back to message 13 in the thread. I did perform a factory reset and manually configured the router. At no time did I restore the configuration from a backup file. However, I did forget to mention that I am on the latest version of the firmware. My LRT224 is showing "v1.0.4.03 (Sep 14 2015 17:45:37)" as it's current firmware version.

Expert

Thank for the confirmation of the initial firmware update process.

I will notify Linksys engineering regarding the LRT DNS Proxy Server issue.

Linksys

FYI, i didn't have any issue for a week since I turned off DNS Proxy.

Hi

I believe there a few more things other than DNS proxy being the only issue. It might be upnp and/or multicast too.

Perhaps linksys engineering should look into all of them. And try to identify if it's just one item causing the fault or all three.

I agree with bcool. I'm not sure we can single out DNS Proxy, Multicast Passthrough, or UPnP as being the sole problem. It may be combination of things that eventually leads to the hang.

Expert

Hi, bcool and bdginmo. We'll have this further checked by our Engineering team. Send us an email at LinksysCares@linksys.com with the following details:

• Contact details (full name, phone number and email address)
  • Community username and the link to this thread
Kristine_14845
Linksys Technical Support

My LRT224 keeps hanging every weeks. Here is the firmware:

Firmware Version : v1.0.5.03 (Feb 22 2016 10:12:17)

When it hangs.  Some of my PCs able to get on line intermittent and I cannot ping the router.

Expert

Does this only happen after a reboot?

Linksys