Re: LRT224 intermittent hangs

After reboot it works fine.

Before reboot, I cannot ping it.

It happened almost every weeks.  How can I disable Multicast feature?

Expert

Joe73 wrote:

How can I disable Multicast feature?

Configuration => Firewall => General => Multicast Passthrough

You could try one of the other DHCP DNS settings. I don't recommend using the DNS Proxy settings.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

If disabling Multicast doesn't work then try disabling UPnP. I think in my case it was actually the later causing the problem.

the UPnP is disable by default.

I will try disable Multicast..

Thanks

Disable UPnP and Multicast PassThrough, the router still hangs up almost every week.

Need to power cycle the router to make it works.

Any idea?

Expert

Yes, I recommend not using the DHCP DNS Proxy feature.

Linksys

I have an LRT214 (v1.0.5.03) that is having the same issue as decribed in this thread. Except it only takes about an hour before all http traffic stops and I get security alerts for every connection.

Finnally got everything working (thanks) by disabling upnp, multicast, and not using DNS proxy. I'm running with 'DNS from ISP' setting. Since then I no longer see the 'upnpd[432] UPNP rule is not FULL!!.' errors in the system log. (amazing how many telenet sessions are attempted)

Been since Sept. for the last post regarding this issue. Hopefully Linksys engineers will come up with a fix soon.(I was ready to toss this thing)

Thanks

I got similar issue too.  The router got hang after I login into the config screen.  My devices on the network can access the Internet but I found that the speed is deteriorating over time (from around 70mb to 9mb in two weeks' time).  After reboot, it works normal again but it happens a week later.

1.  Can Linksys fix all this hang problem?  I have an apple extreme and hasn't be rebooted for 3 years without a single issue.  I wonder how can Linksys sell such a router which hangs every week.

2.  Is there any scheduled reboot in the mean time to workaround this issue?

Honestly, I will never buy another Linksys router.  

Expert

I have an LRT in a production environment that I only look in on every 4 months.

This can happen if you have a device on the network that is using up all your bandwidth.

Have you implemented a separate management vlan?

Linksys

I can access the login page pretty quick, and my devices can still stream youtube, netflix without issue. Only after I submit passwords, it hangs. Hard to believe it is bandwidth issue.

Also when I got 8mb bandwidth, i tried turned off all wifi connections and downstream switches. Still 8mb.....