Linksys LRT214 DHCP Failover with VLAN

Hello,

I have the Linksys LRT214 and I have two vlans set up. I am using a Microsoft Windows Server DHCP role as my dhcp server. I have two dhcp servers with one configured in DHCP failover mode. On vlan 1 (where both servers are located) failover works perfectly. On vlan 2, computers can get a dhcp address but failover does not work if the primary dhcp server goes down (the one listed in DHCP relay). I am not sure what I have to do to get this going.

Thank you,

Mmahoney

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Linksys LRT214 DHCP Failover with VLAN

mmahoney wrote:

Hello,

I have the Linksys LRT214 and I have two vlans set up. I am using a Microsoft Windows Server DHCP role as my dhcp server. I have two dhcp servers with one configured in DHCP failover mode. On vlan 1 (where both servers are located) failover works perfectly. On vlan 2, computers can get a dhcp address but failover does not work if the primary dhcp server goes down (the one listed in DHCP relay). I am not sure what I have to do to get this going.

Thank you,

Mmahoney

The DHCP Servers will have to have two NICs one for each VLAN or have their NIC configured for both VLANs' if it's driver supports 802.11q.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support