Accepted Solution

WIFI Authentication Error for home wifi

I have a LINKSYS Router model BEFSR41.  I have a laptop that connects to it without a problem.  I am trying to connect 2 new devices – the DROID MAXX phone and the NEXUS 7 (2nd generation) tablet.

Neither will connect to my home network which has security WAP PSK.  Both report an authentication problem. 

I am entering the correct password for the WIFI connection. 

Suggestions for how to resolve?

Thanks.

Re: WIFI Authentication Error for home wifi

Is there an access point connected to your BEFSR41 router? Were you the one who set up the wireless name and security of the wireless network that your laptop is connecting to?

The reason I asked is because I found out from linksys site that the BEFSR41 model is not wireless capable. Check this link: In that case, you may be connecting to your neighbor's wireless network.

If you have an access point connected to your router and you have the correct password for the wireless network, you need to check if you enabled wireless mac filter in your access point. If this is enabled, it will not allow other wireless devices to connect to it unless you manually add the mac address of those devices.

Thank you so much for the clear concise explanation.   I do have an access point connected to the router.  I did need to go to the WAP setup and enter the mac addresses of my new devices.  Now both devices are able to successfully connect to my wifi.  Smiley Happy

Glad to know that. Smiley Wink