Reply
Highlighted
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-13-2011

AE1000 and WUSB300N adapters with Windows 7 Ultimate x64, possible solution for the disabled issue.

This is more of a FYI.  I have been fighting installing wireless adapters in by Windows 7 x64 system for the past month.  I finally found some references to firewalls being the issue.  So I uninstalled my firewall (ZoneAlarm), installed the adapter software (I could now actually see the adapter enabled).  Re-installed the firewall.  Rebooted and the adapter is now well and functioning normally.

 

I tried the same process on both adapters. It worked both times.