Highlighted

How can I check if my wireless adapter is compatible with Kali Linux?

I think the question you’re really asking here is “how do I know if my wireless adapter is capable of doing the fun stuff (promiscuous / monitor mode / packet injection) in Kali Linux”. Chances are, your wifi adapter is supported for general wifi use, since Linux has very wide support with wireless adapters, in general.

Re: How can I check if my wireless adapter is compatible with Kali Linux?

Not trying to discredit anyone, but the above response is incorrect. There are only a few chipset that will do what you're looking for in Kali Linux. Monitor mode and packet injection being the most important. I use adapters that have the RT73, RTL8187, and RT3572 (AE1000) chipset.

If your device is already plugged in to your machine and linux is running, open a terminal and type: lsusb
That will give you a little more info. Wikidevi is also an invaluable site.

Bear in mind, Kali is not for beginners, it's a distro built for those in security. If you're uncomfortable using the terminal, start with Ubuntu or Mint. I only say this because most users of Kali would have already known what to type in the terminal and which website forums to post your question.