Anonymous

Network Out of Range Error on XP

Hi,

I'm getting a "network out of range error" on my XP laptop using  a wpc54g v5 card even if I'm just 10' away from the router. By the way, the router is a wrk54g. Any suggestions? Please help.
Anonymous

Re: Network Out of Range Error on XP

Try changing the channel on the router and add/removing your preferred network assuming you are using the windows wireless utility.
Anonymous

I believe we tried changing the channels already and reformatted the computer twice so that should be a clean start. I'm currently connecting using the wireless connection icon on my system tray. Could it be that my card is defective or maybe the router. Gosh, or maybe both of them!
Anonymous

If you are using the wireless connection icon, check if you have the Linksys Wireless Monitor installed. Try to disable it then connect again. If it doesn't work, disable the wireless connection icon and use the wireless monitor.
Anonymous

I believe everything's working now Arlene when I started using the Linksys monitor. The only problem I have is that I have to manually connect to my signal and type my key. Am I still missing out something?
Anonymous

Go to the profiles tab of the  Linksys monitor and edit the default ssid to match the wireless settings of your router.
Anonymous

Hey, it's now connecting automatically. Thanks! Smiley Happy