WUSB600N V2 Stopped working

Well the wireless adapter stopped working and at first i thought it was the computer and did a complete reformat. I insert the CD and follow the instructions but i kept getting Error 211: The network adapter is not installed properly. I've tried it on laptop as well and i get the same thing. Is the adapter faulty ? Because i've used this adapter for a while and it stops working out of nowhere.

Re: WUSB600N V2 Stopped working

Let me know the operating system you are running in the computer? Does it show any lights on the adapter when connected to the computer? Does the adapter gets recognized by the computer? Here are the steps to check:

start> right click on my computer > properties > hardware > device manager> and check from the network adapters there you will find out if adapter is getting recognized or not.

Im using windows 7 and its worked on that normally before. I tried to install it on a reformatted computer and ive checked the device manager and its not there. Windows just sees it as unknown device under the usb section. When i plug it in the lights on the adapter do not turn on.

Download the latest drivers from the link - http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/adapters/WUSB600N . The file will be in the zip format so you need to unzip the file and follow the manual instruction for that device which was showing under USB section:

# Click on Start --> Run and in the run box type "devmgmt.msc" and click Ok...

# Device manager window will appear and in that check for the Linksys adapter.. Right-click on the name of the Adapter that you want to install and click Update Driver Software…

# A window will appear asking “How do you want to search for the driver software?".. Click “Browse my computer for driver software"..

# Select the option “Search for driver software in this location “then click on Browse..

# Select the driver that you Downloaded and click on next button...

When i plug in the adapter, a message pops up saying USB device is not recognized. And i dont find the adapter under Network Adapters. It just comes up under USB controllers as Unknown device

Try to change the USB slot on the computer and then check the status.. If still it doesn't get recognized then try to connect the adapter to a different computer's USB slot. 

You might want to check this link out:

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&articleid=20873

Thanks for that guide. I've tried that but wen i plug in the adapter it doesnt even show up under network adaptors or other devices. It just comes up under the usbs as Unknown device and when i try to update it, it says that its the latest version.

Have you tried restarting the computer after inserting the WUSB600N?

Yeah i have and windows still doesnt recognise it