Accepted Solution

Can't connect to Internet on E2500

Hello,

I can see that my E2500 router is giving out a strong wireless signal but can't seem to get any internet sites to load. I have wired my computer to my router and can log into the router configurations (both wirelessly and wired) but still can not load any internet sites. I know it's not my internet coming into the house because other ethernet ports in the house work fine to surf the net. Have upgraded the firmware to Ver.1.0.07 which took as it should and I have customized my wireless setting and see those have taken effect but still I am not able to load other sites. I have also reset the router during my troubleshooting but still it didn't make a difference. Can anyone offer any other suggestions for things to try as it looks like everything is working fine but there is just no internet coming through.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

C

Re: Can't connect to Internet on E2500

Try to check if the wireless computer was able to grab a valip address and DNS. There could be a static ip parameters set on the computer and that is why it is not able to get online wirelessly.

Thank you for the suggestion thebluemamba_24. The computers on my network can connect to the internet wirelessly because they are connecting just fine to other wireless networks near by and at others homes.

The router had been working well since I bought it and after having it disconnected for a few months I am now trying to get it to work and am having difficulty. I am not sure what else to check or change.

The E2500 can broadcast 3 wireless signals simultaneously: 2.4 Ghz , 5 Ghz and Guest Access. Which amongst the 3 wireless signal were you connected when you are experiencing the problem?

I would also suggest that you delete preferred wireless networks and create a wireless profile for your main wireless network. It can happen that you start having problems with a wireless network, which worked well in the past. This might be due to the fact that its settings may have been changed accidentally or its network profile, as saved on your computer, got corrupted for some reason. In such scenarios it helps to delete the profile of your wireless network and start fresh.

Thanks ArthurRenzo for the suggestion. I know that my guest access signal is disabled so I only have the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz broadcasting. How do I know which band I am connecting too if I only see one wireless signal?
In the meantime, I will log in and change the name of one of the bands as they had been set the same. I will also delete the wireless network profile and start again on a few of my computers to see if that makes a difference. Will let you know how it goes.

ArthurRenzo, I checked both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands and neither allow connections to the internet. I also deleted the wireless profile on two of my computers that had preciously been connected to this wireless network and still I could not connect to the internet through the new profiles.

I did notice though that under Status-> Router the Internet connection details did not appear all that complete  which I am not sure is normal or not (see below).

Internet Connection 
IPv4 Connection TypeAutomatic Configuration - DHCP
  Internet IP Address: 127.0.0.1
  Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0
  Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0
  DNS1:  
  DNS2:  
  DNS3:  
  MTU: 1500
  DHCP Lease Time: 

Basically I can connect to my wireless network and can access the router but can't access anything else. I have changed the cables from my ethernet outlet to the router, I have changed to a different ethernet outlet in my home to see if that makes a difference and I still can't seem to get the internet to come through the router. I also just tried connecting to the E2500 via wired connection to see I can get internet that way and still I can only log into the router but can't surf the net.

Any other suggestions on what I can try as this router was working great in my last apartment just can't get it in this new location. Thanks again.

Hello,

I just wanted to update everyone following this post on what I have found and what resulted in solving my issue with connecting to the internet. The default IP address that comes with the E2500 - 192.168.1.1 was the same IP address that my service providers modem/router was assigned resulted in the E2500 not being able to connect to the internet. Once I changed the IP address of the E2500 the internet details that I had listed in my previous post as appearing incomplete were all populated and I could start surfing the internet again.

Thanks to everyone that offered possible things to check. I hope my experience can be helpful to others as something to watch out for when troubleshooting.

C

I have adifferent problem.  I have 1 pc that connects perfectly and one that won't connect to the Internet.  I have re-installed drivers, turned off firewalls, turned of virus software, re-configured everything and changed every setting I could think of no successSmiley Sad HELP!

@SMRTMEDIC: Do you also have an E2500 router? What is this computer that connects? Is this a wired or wireless computer? How about the one that doesn't connect?

I am have the same issue with same router as below; I re-installed the software yesterday and exactly what is described below is my problem. However, now when I go to the router to view where you make changes it shows an old router that I haven't used in years and don't have, I  its WRT54G and now I can't make any changes. Also, my firmware is 1.0.0.3 which firmware should I download?

"

Coppertop wrote:

Hello,

I can see that my E2500 router is giving out a strong wireless signal but can't seem to get any internet sites to load. I have wired my computer to my router and can log into the router configurations (both wirelessly and wired) but still can not load any internet sites. I know it's not my internet coming into the house because other ethernet ports in the house work fine to surf the net. Have upgraded the firmware to Ver.1.0.07 which took as it should and I have customized my wireless setting and see those have taken effect but still I am not able to load other sites. I have also reset the router during my troubleshooting but still it didn't make a difference. Can anyone offer any other suggestions for things to try as it looks like everything is working fine but there is just no internet coming through.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

C