Cannot connect to 2.4GHz network

Hi,

I got issue. All my devices cannot connect to 2,4GHz SSID. I have tried to:

- Turn off network

- Change password to simple one

- Reboot router

- Reset to factory

But all devices still cannot connect to 2.4GHz SSID.

Firmware version: 1.1.7.175339

Please help me sort it out.

Thanks!

Expert

Re: Cannot connect to 2.4GHz network

What model router? What type of devices? Were they working and stopped or never worked? Try taking one device and tell what happens when you try to connect? How is the 2.4 configured?

If you have been helped by responses from me or others on this site please feel free to hit their kudos button! thanks

Hello Big Dave,

Model is Linksys EA9500.
2.4GHz network used to work. It has been happenning for 5 days.
No devices can connect. It shows password is not correct. Even I tried very simple password 12345678
I even reconfigured 2.4GHz to be simpler, simple password, WPA2 personal.

Thanks!

Have you resolved this issue as i have the same problem with my wrt1900acs v2
Expert

Sorry I missed your reply. I wonder if your devices are trying to log into another router? Try to use an app called wifi analyzer in a smart phone and see if the channel you are using is being interfer with by a neighbor's router. 

If you have been helped by responses from me or others on this site please feel free to hit their kudos button! thanks

Any update to this issue? I have the same problem everything described in first comment is what I'm going through.... please help
Expert

Some things to look at. Did it ever work? If you change the name of the 2.4 network to something simple like 24net and make the pass something equally as simple does it work? Is your guest Network turned on? Try turning it off. Does it tell you your password is wrong? You may want to download the latest firmware for your model and verson  and flash it from the GUI. If you go this route do a factory reset (all configs will be lost) then log in (pass will be the word admin) then flash the firmware from the PC you downloaded it to then do another factory reset once it is done. Log back in and config from scratch. 

I have the same issue but the hardware version R01 suggest that there is no firmware update qvailable. Any ideas?

Highlighted

Seems like this is a universal problem that Linksys doesnt want to address. I have tried several times to contact support by chat. After telling them what the issue is, they disconnect from chat.