Re: E4200 v1 firmware 1.0.06 "Back Up Configuration" not working

After calling Consumer Support and hearing the lovely Filipino ramble with their router maintenance script, I ask her to forward my case to Engineering and reference a previously reported open case [03053086].

My confidence is low without a significant number of calls that Engineering is going to make fixing a priority.  Her effort was entirely a redirection technique to reinforce that the model is no longer under warranty.

I experienced the same issue today, tried a number of the solutions I just read about here at this forum, and have concluded a replacement router is in order - since it's obvious Belkin has no intention of correcting a problem they created.  This information directs me to purchasing a competitor's router and crossing Belkin off my list of computer equipment suppliers, both here and at my business.  Case closed.

Sad to hear that. Though, mine is working fine, I can't help but think that maybe a fix is all you need. If you still have the Linksys router with you, then simply share the other things you've tried. I'm pretty sure aside from me, there'll be a lot of users here that will give you a hand. :-)

Just registered to comment on this SNAFU.

The stock firmware is a pile of garbage, starting with this broken javascript, continuing with broken browser session support and ending with inability to manage the router over HTTPS because there's no way to upload proper SSL certificate to replace the broken MD5 one that's so insecure that current browsers simply refuse to work with it. (Also, it will expire in a couple of months.) Also, your scripted support is a bad joke.

Flashed DD-WRT.

Shame on you, Belkin. Obviously will not buy any HW from you in future.

[ Edited ]

hi guys,

i ran in this issue to. bought a fresh w1900ac and want to reconfigure my network but cant save config as many of you before.

BUT after trying some things, i got a way to save the config.

type in your browser (tried with actual google chrome)

http://youripadress/Linksys_E4200V1_v1.0.06.cfg

that's it

hf

psy

Expert

[ Edited ]

just tried it and it seemed to work fine. I will make some changes and restore with the file just to be sure but so far it works great. good catch!

EDIT: made some changes to ssid etc and saved it then did a restore and everything seemed to restore as it should. nice job

pseiko84 wrote:

hi guys,

i ran in this issue to. bought a fresh w1900ac and want to reconfigure my network but cant save config as many of you before.

that's it

hf

psy

If you have been helped by responses from me or others on this site please
feel free to hit their kudos button! thanks

Hardware:
WRT3200ACM
Firmware: davidc502 works great!
EA6900 Stock Firmware
Anonymous

PC Web Browser Configurations
What browser are you using?
Try Opera or FF? If IE 8, 9, 10 or 11, set compatibility mode and test again. IE or FF would be repreferred use to save and restore config files...
Disable any security browser Add-ons like No Script and Ad-Block or configure them to allow All Pages when connected to the router.
Clear all browser caches.
Be sure to log into the Admin account on the router.
Try turning off these features in Chrome:
Top right corner, little bars for options > Settings > Settings (on left) > Show advanced settings.
Uncheck these:
Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors
Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar
Predict network actions to improve page load performance
Enable phishing and malware protection

PC 3rd Party Security Software Configurations
Turn off all anti virus and firewall programs on the PC while testing. 3rd party firewalls are not generally needed when using routers as they are effective on blocking malicious inbound traffic.

pseiko84 wrote:

hi guys,

that's it

hf

psy

Thank you pseiko84. Works great on IE11.

I am having the same problem After spending 3 hours trying to reconstruct the configuration file I am a bit annoyed with such a basic failure of the Router software.