E4200 v1 firmware 1.0.06 "Back Up Configuration" not working

I just upgraded the firmware on the E4200 v1 to 1.0.06.  After getting the unit configured, I tried to backup the configuration, but the "Back Up Configuration" button is not working.

I'm connecting to the E4200 via a Mac running OS X 10.9.4 using Firefox 30.0.  I've tried other browsers and had little success connecting at all.  Btw, I am using https.  I also booted a Windows virtual machine... no joy there either.

Any ideas save for reverting to 1.0.05?

Thanks!

Scott

Anonymous

Re: E4200 v1 firmware 1.0.06 "Back Up Configuration" not working

If IE 8, 9, 10 or 11, set compatibility mode and test again.
Disable any security browser Add-ons like No Script and Ad-Block or configure them to allow All Pages when connected to the router.
Clear all browser caches.
Be sure to log into the Admin account on the router.
Try turning off these features in Chrome:
Top right corner, little bars for options > Settings > Settings (on left) > Show advanced settings.
Uncheck these:
Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors
Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar
Predict network actions to improve page load performance
Enable phishing and malware protection

Thank you for the reply.  Unfortunately, I still cannot get the "Back Up Configuration" button to work.

On Mac:

• Chrome with all extensions disabled, cache cleared, and unchecked settings per your post throws numerous Javascript errors.
  • Firefox in Safe Mode loads pages without any obvious errors but the "Back Up Configuration" button is a no-op.
  • Safari will not even authenticate the password.

On Win 7 (64-bit):

• IE in compatibility mode loads pages without any obvious errors but the "Back Up Configuration" button is a no-op.

At this point, I'm thinking about reinstalling the update and/or downgrading to 1.0.05.

Have you tried rebooting the router? Maybe you can let it rest for 20-30 seconds. Then, re-flashing the software will be my next suggestion. The firmware is downloadable from this link, http://support.linksys.com/en-apac/support/routers/E4200. Just click Downloads and select the e4200 version.

[ Edited ]

Same problem here. Solved by reverting to 1.0.05.

[ Edited ]

I can also confirm this bug exists. The button simply does not work. Period. Belkin/Linksys needs to fix this as it is a major bug. People will not be able to back up their router settings for future use if needed. I don't know how this was over looked. The build date for this new firmware goes back to May 30, 2014. Hope we will see a fix ASAP! Reverting back to previous firmware is not the answer. As that firmware has a major security flaw regarding "The Moon" malware exploit.

Hi FattiesGoneWild. Have you tried using another computer in your network? It's quite odd that the "back up configuration" button does'nt work with the latest firmware. After you updated the firmware, have you reset the device manually? I would recommend giving this firmware another try. There are also steps to follow once you have updated to the latest firmware: http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=56b6de2449fd497bb8d1354860f50b76_How_to_prevent_ge...

This firmware has been developed by Linksys I guess so that we will all have security against malware attacks. If the back up configuration link still doesn't work then we should make Linksys aware of it. 

Note: The article shows a different model but the process is the same. 

I have had this router since it first came out. I have flashed it with every single version Linksys has released. I also followed the pdf by Linksys directions when upgrading the firmware to a T. http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/others/Router_Firmware_Upgrade_Instructions-v2,0.pdf Same results. This version has a problem with the button. It does not work as others have said. Linksys needs to get the ball rolling on a new release to fix this.

Anonymous

I recommend that you phone contact your regional Linksys support office and ask for help and information regarding this. Or LinksysCares@linksys.com
Let us know how it goes please.

Have you tried another browser as suggested by FurryNutz? Mine seems to be working fine. Try to re-flash the firmware and reset the router longer this time. Push and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, power cycle the router, re-configure it and check if the same thing happens.

If the situation persists, then I agree that this needs to be raised to Linksys.