EA3500 Bridge Mode

Hello, I have read all the documents and links through out this site and still cannot find a good answer, or one that I understand. I have the following setup at home:

Primary Modem: AARIS Modem - from Cable One - VoIP modem.

Primary Router: Linksys/Cisco EA3500 Router

I have my wireless setup on my AARIS modem with a password and the settings are as followed:

AARIS:

Channel: 11

DHCP: AUTO

SSID: VanHorn - WS

Wireless Mode: Mixed

Channel Bandwidth: 20 MHZ

Linksys EA3500:

Channel: 11

SSID: VanHorn - WS (For both frequencies 5 and 2.45 I believe)

Password is the same

Wireless Mode: Mixed

Channel Bandwidth 20 MHZ (and auto for other)

I then set my internet type to (Bridge) and I let the router choose an IP address automatically. I wait until the router rebbots, then I reboot it my self.

When I try to connect a device to it in another room it keeps trying to "Obtaining IP Address" and never connects. This method worked for over a week where I had one Wifi access point everywhere in my house. Now it stopped working.

I have my main modem hooked up in my house and my Linksys router in a media room. Is there any way to set the Linksys Router as an Access point with my AARIS modem?

Thanks,

Joseph

Expert

Re: EA3500 Bridge Mode

Since your Arris is a router as well as a modem, follow the directions in the following link for a lan-lan setup. On the linksys router use a different channel from the arris. try channel 1. They are probably interfering with each other. Or better yet would be to change the arris to a modem only mode then you can set up the router normally and the arris will not transmit on any channel at all. You can either google doing that or ask your isp for assistance with it. 

http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=132275

Hope this helps.

If you have been helped by responses from me or others on this site please
feel free to hit their kudos button! thanks

Hardware:
WRT3200ACM
Firmware: davidc502 works great!
EA6900 Stock Firmware

Thank you, I will look over this. the reason I need to have it broadcast as well is because neither router is strong enough to broadcast across the house. So I was hoping to make the Linksys router an access point in bridge mode. I will try different channels to see how it goes. Thanks!
Highlighted
Expert

understand. the lan-lan is probably how you want to go then. it sets it up as an access point. I have to tell you though that the device will be in charge of which router it connects to and it may not switch as long as it sees any signal at all that it can connect to even if that signal isn't really working. Might suggest that you change the names of the ssid's so you can tell which router you are connecting to. That way if one gets low but doesn't switch you can manually connect to the other easily. 

If you have been helped by responses from me or others on this site please
feel free to hit their kudos button! thanks

Hardware:
WRT3200ACM
Firmware: davidc502 works great!
EA6900 Stock Firmware