Highlighted
Accepted Solution

EA3500 Trouble connecting to 5GHz network

[ Edited ]

I'm having difficulties connecting to our 5GHz network. When i open up the list of available networks on my laptop (new windows 10 Toshiba) and Iphone(5s) only our standard 2.4GHz shows up. Though I noticed on the router app that my siblings laptop is connected to the 5GHz network.

The name of the 2.4 and 5GHz network are exactly the same. When i changed the names to differentiate between the networks, all devices were disconnected from the Internet and I could not get back on until I changed the name back.  

If you have any questions to aid my situation please ask, I will reply shortly.

Thank you  

Expert

Re: EA3500 Trouble connecting to 5GHz network

You did right by differentiating the SSIDs between the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. This will make troubleshooting easier. You just need to reconnect the devices to the new SSID and you should also get them to forget the previous SSID.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

I changed the name of the GHz network and I am now able to connect to it, thank you

I've also noticed some devices such as my PS4 cannot connect to 5GHz networks, but there is nothing I can do about that.
Expert

[ Edited ]

@stickman777

Thanks for providing an update. If your device is dual band capable then it should be able to connect to the 5 GHz network. Is the signal strong enough? How far are your devices from the router? What is the error message when you try to connect to the network? 

Chiqui-17359

Linksys Technical Support 

My Iphone 5s can connected no problem, but after doing some research I found out PS4's do not have the software to connect to 5GHz networks and my computer cannot connect either unless I purchase an adaptor.