Accepted Solution

EA6500 - Error unexpected 2113

Hi all,

I have a Linksys Smart Wifi EA6500. When I login into the router, it open an error popup with the following text " Error unexpected 2113. There was an unexpected error. If the problem persists, visit the support site."

I tryed to restart the router but the situation does't change. The firmware version is updated.

This error causes me problems only on the Parental Control. 

What must I doing?

Thank's a lot!

Lorenzo 

Re: EA6500 - Error unexpected 2113

Is the internet still working even though you are getting the error 2113 when accessing the router page? Since restarting the router didn’t work, try resetting the router to the default settings (push and hold the reset button using a pin or a paper clip for 30 seconds then power it off for another 30 seconds). After resetting the router, reconfigure then the settings either using the setup cd or doing it manually.

We are facing same issue but have no idea how to resolve it.

John

I must try to reset yet. I will update you soon.

Johny Dave wrote:

We are facing same issue but have no idea how to resolve it.

Try jaymay's suggestion above. Reset the router and make sure the router's firmware is up to date. Reconfigure the router once firmware is updated.

How to Reset the Router

How to manually update the firmware of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router

Different ways in setting up your Linksys wireless router

I did not want to reset my settings as I have lots of things configured, such as static addresses, port forwardings, etc.

What I ended up doing was re-flashing (manually) the firmware, and the error went away.

Nice one. That is indeed the most comfortable way to fix the issue rather than resetting the router.

I was getting the 2113 error when going to the Parental Controls page and one of the other pages. I did the following but the problem was not solved until I closed the Parental Controls widget on the home page:

• First, back up router configuration (Troubleshooting > Diagnostics tab > Backup
  • Manual upgrade of firmware
  • Factory reset via Troubleshooting > Diagnositics tab > Reset
  • Factory reset by unplugging router and pushing reset button for 30 seconds

And then

• Close Parental Controls widget on home page

Makes me wonder if the last step was all that I needed to do.

• Close Parental Controls widget on home page

solved the problem for me Smiley Happy

Closing the Parental Controls widget may have caused a conflict on the router DHCP settings which also is the caused of the unexpected error. Closing the widget and resetting the router to factory settings (if needed) are the best workarounds. Thanks for sharing!