EA7300 And IPSec VPN

Friends and neighbors, does the EA7300 support IPSec VPN?  I have that router designated my main router with a slightly older VPN firewall cascading under it which does support IPSec VPN.  Though all devices work, the older router displayed a failed ping test when I tried it with the Linksys router's address.  Also, the Linksys address does not show in a URL.  Thanks to anyone who knows a method of hooking these things up.

Expert

Re: EA7300 And IPSec VPN

Hi, @troothteller.

The Linksys EA7300 allows VPN tunnels using Internet Protocol Security (IPSec)Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) or Point-To-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) as passthrough.

Coleen_R 21984
Linksys Technical Support

Coleen_R, thank you for your reply, just in time for a new development.  Overnight I left my browsers open; and then lost connection.  I may have to go through setup again.  With Linksys EA7300 as my main router, should that be directly connected into the modem?  When I connected before my last post, I had Netgear FVS114 connected to the modem and the Linksys connected to it, intending to use the Netgear as an access point.  We may have here a double NAT.  I am in a public library now; and at home this is the way it is still connected.

Coleen _R, after going through setup again, to both restore connection and to place the main router behind the modem, I found that I cannot setup the secondary router that I planned to use as an access point, the Netgear FVS114.  In fact, even with my computer directly connected to that router, I cannot pull up a setup page.  Additionally, my Roku 2 will not stream since it cannot connect through this new network.  On Roku 2 my available networks show padlock symbols.  However, I still have an E1000 that I stopped using when I acquired the EA7300.  Would that make a good access point?  I am concerned that I have too many devices connected to my main router.

[ Edited ]

Hi, troothteller. It is best to have our escalation engineers check on this configuration and optimize it. You may shoot us an email at LinksysCares@linksys.com so we can endorse this case. Please send us the following:

• Username
  • Contact number

Thank you.

Nestor_C 21974

Jose_C, thank you.  You can start looking for that email.

Jose_C, I just received Delivery Status Notification on that email address. In other words, it bounced.

Hi, troothtellerApologies for the oversight. Please resend your email at LinksysCares@linksys.com
The email address provided has a missing letter, it might be the reason why we haven't received your email yet. 

Pamela - 21733

PamelaBianca_M, after changing the email address, please look for the email message which I forwarded from yesterday. Thank you.

Moderators, I will have to add something to both this thread and yesterday's email. I still have the first router I owned, a wired router, the Linksys RT31P2. Vonage gave me that when I was their customer. I would not have to use the phone jacks; but there are four Ethernet jacks counting the one for Internet.