Re: EA7300 Get Me Out Of Bridge Mode

You are going to love this.  Prior to this exploration of networking configuration options, I had a problem using my telephone over the Internet.  Today I figured out the source of the problem.  Over my network I looked for a complicated solution.  The problem was a defective coiled cord, the one that connects the handset to the base.  In my case the cord is too long, more apt to develop damage.  Using a handset I already had with a shorter cord corrected the problem.

Expert

Sounds like you are good to go then.  Enjoy!

If you have been helped by responses from me or others on this site please
feel free to hit their kudos button! thanks

Hardware:
WRT3200ACM
Firmware: davidc502 works great!
EA6900 Stock Firmware

bigdave240, I am afraid that I am not good to go.  Perhaps this double NAT thing caught up with me, IP address conflicts between the two routers.  I went through setup again today since my ISP technicians told me that the main router and the cable modem should connect to one another.  However, I just lost my Roku 2 connection; so I am not streaming now.  I could not bring up the startup page once I had the Netgear FVS114 connected to the main router.  With the computer directly connected to the FVS114, I could not bring up the start page.  Usually the login box would come up right away.  So, with the FVS114 off the network, I am connected except for Roku 1.  The available networks I created during setup show padlock sysbols.  Any ideas?

Expert

Just read your setup from the first post and my suggestion is your modem should only have one port on it and that should connect directly to the wan port on your router. You mention a VPN but do you mean a voip box for the phone? That should connect to the router on a lan port. Power off the modem and then back on. Do a factory reset on the router again after connecting it and set it up again. That should get rid of the double nat issue

Hardware:
WRT3200ACM
EA6900 Stock Firmware

bigdave240, that sounds like what I already tried.  I could not access that secondary router through either its address or through connection with my computer.  What I inteneded to be the secondary router, the VPN, stands for Virtual Private Network.  Explicitedly, it is the Netgear ProSafe VPN Firewall 8.  I have too much plugged into the main router and hoped that I could also use this Netgear which has five extra ports including the one designated Internet.  However, I still have a Linksys E1000.  Would that make a suitable secondary access point?

Expert

Ok did a little reading About your VPN router. I asked because it seemed like you mentioned something about the phone so wasn't sure if that was what you had.  Back to that router.  It's pretty old and no longer supported.  It also will be slow since the lan ports are only 10/100. You are trying to do a nat behind a nat and that is problematic at best. If you just need more ports you can set that e1000 to bypass mode and connect a lan to lan setup but you only gain a couple of ports. 

Hardware:
WRT3200ACM
EA6900 Stock Firmware

bigdave240, it looks like there are just as many ports on the E1000 as there are on the EA7300.  Do you mean that I will not be able to use all the ports on the E1000 if I can set it up?

Expert

To use it as a ap you would connect one lan port on the main router to a lan port on the e1000 so only 3 ports available on each that way. . 

Hardware:
WRT3200ACM
EA6900 Stock Firmware

Hold on, bigdave240! I just remembered that I still own my first router, a Linksys RT31P2, a wired router Vonage gave me when I was their customer. I do not need the phone jacks; but it has four Ethernet jacks counting the one for Internet.
Highlighted

I am still waiting for this escalation service.  After prearranging this telephone call, no one called.  I confirmed with my telephone company that I did not block any Belkin or Linksys numbers.  After deactivating this blocking feature, it got reactivated again.  Someone should have gotten in touch wiith me today even it they had to use another telephone altogether.  I only have one telephone number; but you have many to use to get in touch with me.