Accepted Solution

EA7300 Get Me Out Of Bridge Mode

I started having connection problems after a Windows 7 64-Bit crash about three weeks ago, although that might have been coincidental.  So, I added a VPN to my configuration and changed my EA7300 connection to bridge mode.  Now, I cannot access the devices I plugged into the router, my network hard drive and printer.  Going back into linksyssmartwifi.com does not restart the setup.  I have attempted many resets, even unplugging, disconnecting and shutting off the unit, turning it back on once reconnected while everything else powers up.  Smartwifi does not display any options to change it back to DHCP.  Please help if you can.  Also, this is my first time on this forum, at least as far as I can remember.  I have found Linksys Technical Support bad; so I am trying the forums.  Also, in IE11, the opening page for this topic, Wireless Routers appears like garbage; but I posted anyway since the site's appearance is somebody else's problem.  Thank you in advance.

Expert

Re: EA7300 Get Me Out Of Bridge Mode

Look on the back for the button marked reset.  It is not the blue one.  Push and hold the reset button until the lights blink, usually about 10 seconds then release. When the router boots back up it should be back to factory settings. The password will be 'admin without the quotes

If you have been helped by responses from me or others on this site please
feel free to hit their kudos button! thanks

Hardware:
WRT3200ACM
Firmware: davidc502 works great!
EA6900 Stock Firmware

I am using a public library computer to access this thread, afraid to use mine.  There are two things on the back that look like reset buttons.  The one sticking out I believe is red.  Then there is a hole where one must use a paper clip.  Having tried them both I will have to look for this one.  The only other one is black, the power button.  After waiting for these restarts, configurations came up as I last set them, with no opportunity to set them anew.

Expert

[ Edited ]

the one sticking out i believe is blue. that is for the connection of new devices. not that one. the recessed one should be the reset. if you hold it down until you see the router lights blink off and on then release it should then reboot and have done a factory reset. 

Capture.JPG

Hardware:
WRT3200ACM
EA6900 Stock Firmware

bigdave240, I don't know why it worked this time, as it seemed redundant; but I was able to go through Smart WiFi setup.  However, error messages in boxes kept flashing stating that my router access timed out and I lost connection to the router.  Obviously, if I were not online, then I would not be able to go to your site and post this.  I could not read those boxes in detail since they did not stay up long; but I can no longer access Smart WiFi.  Neither the IP address works nor the welcome site that I saved to my Favorites.  However, I can print test pages and I can access my network hard drive.  Now I think I will leave this router's setting alone and see how I can configure the VPN.  However, Control Panel, Network Connections indicates that the router is still on the address that we would expect, 192.168.1.1.  So, I do not understand why I cannot pull up the settings through a web browser.  Could it be the browser?  I have been using IE11, my default, although I have others available.  Thanks for the help so far.

Expert

I use chrome mostly but ie11should work. What ip address are you getting from the router on your laptop? It's still a 192.168.1.x on the computer interface?

Hardware:
WRT3200ACM
EA6900 Stock Firmware

It is still at 192.168.1.1; but everything works.  I intend to keep the Linksys as the primary router.  Since my VPN is on a different address already, do I need to do anything more.  Thanks for helping so far.

Expert

As long as it's working I would leave it the way it is.

Hardware:
WRT3200ACM
EA6900 Stock Firmware

Thanks for getting back.  Now, since the crash, the only thing I have trouble with on this network is my telephone use; but that just might be coincidental.  I just sent a fax; so I tend to believe that it is the telephone unit itself, not the telephone service or anything on the network.

[ Edited ]

Today I just had my telephone model checked out.  At service center plugged it into one of their jacks; and they confirmed that the phone works fine, no problems.  Now am led to ask another question.  Since my Linksys is my main router, should I plug that into my cable modem, and then plug the VPN into the Linksys router?  Currently I have VPN plugged into the cable modem, and the Linksys router plugged into the VPN.  I used Excel to create a diagram of my network; but I see no way to upload it.  In other words, should I swap the positions of the VPN and the Linksys router?