Re: EA7300 loses internet connection but only on wifi

I sent a private message to the Linksys Community Representative and I hope this can make some difference.

Last day of the year and no answer... They don’t care.

Happy Holidays.

Using there original recommendations, I was able to get better performance, but still not as good as it should be.

Thanks for trying.

[ Edited ]

Guys!

Did anyone saw the news today?  It appears that google is having an issue with Chromcast and Google Home users.  Is causing their Wifi to become unstable due to a static detected from those devices.  When I had the problem with my router, I had one Chromecast.  I bought a second one for the living room and it sure enough my problem got worst.  

I will install my Linksys router again without them on.  I will keep you posted. 

Click here for the CNET report.

Regards,

This problem was not always prevalent and has become a daily occurence within past 2 weeks.  No modifications or changes have been made to anything.  This router is less than a year old

I just opened up a service ticket for this exact same issue. I've had this problem for a few months now and have tried everything listed in this thread. This router, in every other way performs well, but the wireless constantly having issues makes it worthless. I wished I had known of this issue beforehand.

Be sure to post here if they respond. So many people having this issue, and no help from Linksys. I think the underlying chipset probably just has some sort of fundamental flaw, but the lack of response from Linksys is inexcusable. Linksys is now on my list of companies I will no longer do business with, not because of the flawed product but because of their lack of support.
Expert

@jhill0914 wrote:
Be sure to post here if they respond. So many people having this issue, and no help from Linksys. I think the underlying chipset probably just has some sort of fundamental flaw, but the lack of response from Linksys is inexcusable. Linksys is now on my list of companies I will no longer do business with, not because of the flawed product but because of their lack of support.

I have an EA7300, how can I reproduce this issue? Also a friend of mine has one that he's happy with but he does mention that once in a while he has to reboot it due to a wireless connectivity issue.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

Well, so much for that. I guess I was 2 days, just 2 DAYS outside of my 1 year warranty and they told me to pound sand. Been a Linksys fan for years, but this may be the straw that broke the camel's back. The tech recommended me upgrading to the Velop at $499...frickin' nuts.

I will add my name to the mix. Same issue as reported. I spent 5 years as a field engineer for a wireless company troubleshooting these types of issues. I went digging for my airpcap adapter and found it this evening. I need to get a tap to put on the internet side of the router to show what is going through the router and capture both traffic streams to say at what point the traffic is dropped. I will report back what I find.