EA7500 - Throttling speed all of the sudden.

I have fiber gigabit speed internet for my home business. Everything has been fine up until a few weeks ago I started noticing that speed tests were slower than normal. I expect some fluctuations but this was a significant drop. It went from 900mbps to 300-350mbps. Speed prior to the router is fine. I am on the latest 2.0.5 firmware. 

Has anyone seen this before? If so, is there anything I can check to get my full speed back? 

EA7500

The second question is does anyone have a recommendation for a better gigabit router than the EA7500 if I need to move to a newer one. 

Re: EA7500 - Throttling speed all of the sudden.

Hi, chris_s.

Is the slow speed true to all client devices, wired and wireless (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz or both)? What’s the speed that you get from the modem? Have you tried power cycling the router and see if the issue persists?

Please access the web-based setup page of the router and go to Media Prioritization > Settings > turn off WMM Support, see if it improves the speed. Also, if the issue is on the Wi-Fi, you may change the wireless channels of the 2.4 GHz band (to 1, 6 or 11) and of the 5 GHz band (to 36, 48 or 161).

Keep us posted.

Reil – 22071
Linksys Technical Support

Thanks. 

I have wireless disabled. Everyone is plugged in with cat6 cable. The speed from the wall is 800mbps, but it drops to 300 going through the router. 

Yes the router has been cycled. 

It seemed to start after I recieved the update. 

@chris_s Were you able to do a hard reset after the firmware update? If not, we recommend to do so in order for the new software to work properly. Press and hold the Reset button on the back panel of the unit for about 10 seconds, reboot, reconfigure, and check the results. Keep us on track if the same thing happens. 

Carl_S 21985
Linksys Technical Support