EA8300 Drops Internet repeatedly

This is my third EA8300. First I bought a EA8500 refurbished. Didn't turn on. Got a RMA  and replaced with EA8300 refurbished. Refurbished EA8300 didn't turn on as well. Linksys replaced with new EA8300. After using for 20+ days of new EA8300 where Internet dropped connectivity almost 50 times. Tech support replaced another new EA8300 last week. Here we go again, setup the new EA8300 and updated the latest firmware (1.1.3.184925) from linksys website and today is the 3rd day, I already lost internet connectivity for 4th time. I had to recycle my EA8300 to get the internet back.

This new firmware has band steering option. I turned off and setup manually as follows:

2.4 GHz band : Channel --> 6 - 2.437 GHz, Wi-Fi Mode --> 802.11n only, Security mode --> WPA2 Personal, Channel Width --> Auto

5 GHz1 band: Channel --> 36 - 5.180 GHz, Wi-Fi Mode --> Mixed, Security mode --> WPA2 Personal, Channel Width --> Auto

5 GHz2 band: Channel --> 100 - 5.500 GHz, Wi-Fi Mode --> Mixed, Security mode --> WPA2 Personal, Channel Width --> Auto

Also, Under Media Prioritization, turned on Prioritization, prioritization speed has auto set based on the speed of my ISP (download --> 88.61 Mbps and upload --> 12.42 Mbps)

Added couple of my devices to the prioritization list. 

When I had Asus RT-N56u all these days with the same Modem, it never disconnected for years.

This is so FRUSTRATING!!! Can someone help or does this needs to go back as well? 

Re: EA8300 Drops Internet repeatedly

deepforum

This is totally not the experience we want you to have. We found your record in the system and have reviewed it carefully. Your case is already escalated to our 2nd Level Support Team for further diagnosis. A representative will be contacting you within 24- 48 business hours. Here's your case # 09147304. Keep your lines open and always check your emails. 

Pamela - 21733
Linksys Technical Support

Thanks. Please call/email.

Hello! I am having the same symptom. Can you please also get in contact to verify my settings? Thanks!

Under Wi-Fi Settings, I turned off Band Steering and made three individual networks with the same name just like how I mentioned in my problem. Added two of my devices to prioritization. Now, it is working continuously for the past 45+ days.

Hi, AndrioOliveira. We'll check this out. How long have you been experiencing this issue? How often does it disconnect? Are you running the latest firmware? This link might help.

Rosalyn - 21986

More background for you...

The EA8300 was the root router after internet modem, and it was suddenly showing that icon above it informing NO internet connectivity from source. When I was having this problem I tried to turn on and off the media prio, or add some devices. I tried to change the DHCP range, change my internal IP to another band. Leave only one wireless "all direction", and 'two separately". etc and etc. Obs: I always had 2 sub routers after this root one, from different brands.

As the EA8300 I have is the most advanced router ... I prefered to keep it as source so I could use it's functionalities with my NAS and share in a more smart way the internet.

Unfortunately, with such problem I had to switch the hierarchy and put the EA8300 as subrouter.. when I did that, I reset the router and then let the smart setup to do all the rest. Obs: it is getting it's ip automatically (which is not my preferency as I wanted to have my NAS attached to it!)

After that, it still had issues with loosing internet from source - but I tried to turn off the media priorization. This was the only way I found to make it work the internet without drops... and still, only can use for DHCP connections or as wireless router.

All process took about 3 weeks until I figured it out.

But as you can imagine,... I expected more from a 99USD router ... it should at least work as main router and the midia priorization should be the best resource for me that have at least 10 devices on its depedency. I also need to have my NAS with fixed IP so I can access from outside..

@deepforum

- I don't need to have three individual networks at home...

- What do you mean with 'turn off band steering'

Band Steering Off

See the picture above. When you turn off Band Steering, it shows all three bands 2.4, and two 5 GHz. I didn't give seperate names for each Wi-Fi name instead created "MyWiFiNetwork" for all three networks.

@AndrioOliveira

Got all that noted. At this point, we'd like our Escalation Engineers look into this case. Please shoot us an email at LinksysCares@linksys.com along with your contact details, community username, and the link to this community thread for reference and we can have them assist you further. We'll be looking forward to it. 

Carl_S 21985