Re: EA8500 keeps dropping connections

Applied all the recommended settings and still having the issue. Going to chalk this up to a poor firmware update and keep an eye out for a new router.

[ Edited ]

@Rubix45

We'll have this taken care of by our 2nd Level Support Team. Please email us at LinksysCares@linksys.com and send the following details:

• Phone Number
  • Link to this thread
Gerard_21724
Linksys Technical Support

You expect us to believe a year later you guys are finally going to fix the firmware? I spent the last year in communication with linkages about the firmware problem. They always blamed the settings, antenna position, interfering networks but I disproved all their theories. They already made their money on this model and were no longer interested in expending resources on the device since it was not generating revenue. I tried to get them to fix my router with working firmware but they never did. I ended up purchasing a netgear and have never had issues with it. I sent the linksys in for an RMA and then tried to sell it on ebay but the buyer returned it to me because they had the same problem. I guess I'm just out of several hundred dollars thanks to linksys. Maybe we should start a class action to get the router fixed.

Gerard,

I'm goin to have to agree with the prior post. I returned the router through MFG warranty and purchased a differenty one. I do not have time to waste on trouble shooting a poor firmware update that was pushed out.

[ Edited ]

Its nice to see a thread in progress over a year with little to no resolution for the customer. I also have a complete disconnection of internet to my hardwired devices. The problem persists everyday about 8-12 hours at minimium. I have to completely reset my router. I also have persisted through all the troubleshooting loops. When i talked to support and all they offer is a 15% discount on their new routers. I will also be looking into a new brand of router.

[ Edited ]

I am experiencing the same issues described here. Already tried all the setting changes, picking the least used channel, factory reset, etc. Nothing works. 

The router drops the connection at least 4-5 times per hour, sometimes it needs a complete reboot to accept connection.

I cannot describe how angry I am with this crappy product. I have been a Linksys customer and promoter in my circle of friends, but no more. If this is how we are treated, Netgear, here we come....

I have started to have same issues. I'm not sure what to do.

Help

[ Edited ]

Hi. We encourage you to email your contact details at Linksyscares@linksys.com so out team can further assist you on this matter. Include the link on this post as well. Thanks.

Nestor_C 21974
Linksys Technical Support

i do also have 8500... i think i have already figured out the culprit... chromecast and google home...

i moved all my android related product to other ap....enabled the ap igmp snooping on.... upgreade the play service to the latest....

now my ea8500 is fine...last time i have to restart at least once a day...

the only reason i am still using the ea8500 is due to the seamless roaming 802.11r... i used it tgether with re7000 and it has been working well in terms of roaming...

for everyone having problem with ea8500 wifi...try to turn off every google product and see how it goes