Expert

Re: EA9300 - Skype for Business disconnects via wired connection

@wrote:
However, with my ATT modem / router currently running in pass-through mode, my Linksys has the public ATT IP for the incoming IP.

Ok so you aren't running NAT behind NAT which is good but it leaves us with this issue is firmware related.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

On the phone with Linksys escalations now. Fingers crossed.

Well, after many factory resets, and multiple calls with Linksys support; we have been unable to address the Skype for Business connection issue.

I ended up bypassing the Linksys only for my work system (Now plugged into the AT&T Modem / Router), and do not have any issues with Skype.

The only caveat is my work system is isolated from my home network, but that probably isn't a bad thing. Smiley Happy

Thanks to all who tried their best to help along the way! 

I am having exactly the same issues with internet connections dropping and causing issues with Skype for Business but I am using a WRT3200ACM, started happening  around lunch time on the 26th January.

It happens over wired and wireless connections. with both the PC Client (tested on two seperate PC's) and also a physical Polycom phone logged into Skype For Business over the wired connection.  I suspect the issues is general internet connectivity and with Skype for Business being a real time application we are getting a more visual indocation than you would if you were just using a browser and or email.

Same issue happens to either my companies dedicated platform or to Microsofts Skype online and i have had to resort to using my old WRT54g  as i can no longer use the WRT3200ACM

The issue is definatlye the router and i have logged it with support (2 weeks ago)  but even after telling them when i reported it that i am running the latest firmware that was autoupdated and have factory reset the box,also  manually uploaded the latest firmware and reset the box. All there first line and second line support engineers have done is ask me to repeat the same process.

Very frustrated with both the router and Linksys response, without a word of a lie the 3200 is currently propping a door open !

https://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/WRT3200ACM-drop-wired-and-wirless-connections/m-p/...

Highlighted

@wrote:

I am having exactly the same issues with internet connections dropping and causing issues with Skype for Business but I am using a WRT3200ACM, started happening  around lunch time on the 26th January.

It happens over wired and wireless connections. with both the PC Client (tested on two seperate PC's) and also a physical Polycom phone logged into Skype For Business over the wired connection.  I suspect the issues is general internet connectivity and with Skype for Business being a real time application we are getting a more visual indocation than you would if you were just using a browser and or email.

Same issue happens to either my companies dedicated platform or to Microsofts Skype online and i have had to resort to using my old WRT54g  as i can no longer use the WRT3200ACM

The issue is definatlye the router and i have logged it with support (2 weeks ago)  but even after telling them when i reported it that i am running the latest firmware that was autoupdated and have factory reset the box,also  manually uploaded the latest firmware and reset the box. All there first line and second line support engineers have done is ask me to repeat the same process.

Very frustrated with both the router and Linksys response, without a word of a lie the 3200 is currently propping a door open !

https://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/WRT3200ACM-drop-wired-and-wirless-connections/m-p/1271513#M347562

I am using LEDE from DavidC502 on my WRT3200ACM and have no issues with Skype For Business with my work laptop.

2+ Months after escalating to Engineering, and still no solution.

Even worse, I have to contact them for an update of, "We're still looking into this, but no solution yet".

VERY frustrating!

At least you are getting replies. I am just being ignored now and have had no replies to several emails I have sent asking for an update.

5 months later and I think I finally have this figured out.

I have disabled IPV6 on the router and Skype for Business has been stable.

I have emailed support to let them know. Such a shame that I had to wait 5 months only to resolve this myself. 

Good shout.
They sent me a replacement router (after I sent them mine back) that I have to say is still sat in its box. I won't be in addition to try it now for for or five weeks but will give it a go and report back.