EA9300 - Skype for Business disconnects via wired connection

I just purchased the EA9300 and I am happy with it for the most part. I have logged a case with Linksys because my wired connection to my home office PC randomly drops my Skype for Business connection. I use this as my office phone line too.

I am anxiously awaiting a call back from their L2 support as this has left me perplexed.

Aside from the random disconnects with Skype, I also experience occasional bad audio connections while on a Skype call or facilitating a conference call.

This is also reproduced over wireless.

If I use the modem / router AT&T provided, I do not experience this issue. However, I run that router in passthrough mode because the wireless is horrendous and I drop IP cameras left and right. 

The interesting part is that this seemed to start when I added my WD My Book 4TB HDD. If I unplug it the issue still persists until I reflash the existing firmware and reset to factory defaults.

I have a  Gigabit fiber connection and constantly pull 900Mbps+ both up and down.

Anyone have any experience with this, or have any advice?

Expert

Re: EA9300 - Skype for Business disconnects via wired connection

Do you have any Google casting devices?

https://www.droid-life.com/2018/01/15/google-home-cast-wifi-problems-disconnection/

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

I have several. 7 to be exact; however, the issue I am experiencing is with a physically wired PC.

Thank you for the input and the link!

Expert

@wrote:

I have several. 7 to be exact; however, the issue I am experiencing is with a physically wired PC.

Thank you for the input and the link!

The Google casting issue effects both wired and wireless because it causes the router to slow to a crawl or crash.

Below are some of my standard Smart Wifi firmware recommendations:

Optimal settings:

1. Enable Media Prioritization with Downstream Bandwidth set to ISP maximum download speed in mbps * 1024 for kbps
  2. Enable WMM Support (Default)
  3. Wireless 5Ghz Protocol Mixed
  4. Wireless 5Ghz Channel Width Auto
  5. Wireless 5Ghz Channel 36
  6. Wireless 2.4 Protocol "g\n Only" or "N Only"
  7. Wireless 2.4Ghz Channel Width Auto
  8. Wireless 2.4Ghz Channel 6
  9. Both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz Wireless Security "WPA2 Personal" not mixed

The trick is that MP needs to be correctly configured once and then enabled and disabled. After that you can decide if MP is needed. This initializes the QOS system properly.

Linksys

I've played around with media prioritization - even added a custom rule for the 'Skype for BUsiness' in lieu of the default 'Skype' Application. I added ports I found online.

I will try this when I get home from work.

Question; do I add my work PC as the devices, or the application? If it's the application, do I use the default 'Skype' listed, or the one I created?

Thanks for the assistance!

Expert

@wrote:

I've played around with media prioritization - even added a custom rule for the 'Skype for BUsiness' in lieu of the default 'Skype' Application. I added ports I found online.

I will try this when I get home from work.

Question; do I add my work PC as the devices, or the application? If it's the application, do I use the default 'Skype' listed, or the one I created?

Thanks for the assistance!

I recommend enable MP, initialize MP, disable MP and then reboot the router for testing purposes.

Linksys

[ Edited ]

I tried the above steps and no such luck. When I arrived home I connected my laptop and made a test call. The Skype for Business call quality meter went to red, then yellow before returning to white. Skype also still seems to be restarting randomly. I tried this both connected to my work VPN and not connected to my work VPN.

I appreciate the advice and help, but no Bueno yet.

Expert

@wrote:

I tried the above steps and no such luck. When I arrived home I connected my laptop and made a test call. The Skype for Business call quality meter went to red, then yellow before returning to white. Skype also still seems to be restarting randomly. I tried this both connected to my work VPN and not connected to my work VPN.

I appreciate the advice and help, but no Bueno yet.

Under the Troubleshooting section if you have the Previous Firmware option I recommend you revert the firmware and disable Auto Firmware update. Then redo you testing.

Linksys

Thank you chadster766, but this device only has the original firmware, no new firmware updates yet.
I have in fact flashed the existing current FW a few times, but it did not seem to impact my Skype for Business woes.

Expert

@wrote:

Thank you chadster766, but this device only has the original firmware, no new firmware updates yet.
I have in fact flashed the existing current FW a few times, but it did not seem to impact my Skype for Business woes.

When you are connected via Skype run a www.speedtest.net to see what your speeds are right then.

Linksys