Expert

Re: EA9500 Stuck in Reboot

See if you can get a troubleshooting report when the issue is occuring. The report is too large to post in this forum but I can Private Message you my email address so you can send me the report for analysis.

Troubleshooting report:

htts://192.168.1.1/sysinfo.cgi

username: admin

password: your router's local password

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

Unfortunately the only way I can get into router setup is by factory resetting the device. However it forces a firmware update when I then try to get in. After the firmware update the problem starts again.

Is there a way to enter the setup menu without getting forced to do a FW update?

Expert

Yes after a reset to factory defaults when your first go to configure the EA9500 select only the manual setup options.

Linksys

I got the log. Please PM me your email.

Expert

PM is sent.

Linksys
Expert

davewsail wrote:

I got the log. Please PM me your email.

I looked over the sysinfo.cgi report and it looks like one of the EA9500 radios is resetting the EA9500.

Can you login long enough to disable the wireless radios and do a firmware update? Otherwise I think the unit is defective and should be RMA swapped at store of purchase.

Linksys

Yes, I'll try the FW upgrade. Can you tell me what version should be on it?

Also I bought that one from Amazon back in November. I think I'm past the window for returns. Can't I send it to Linksys?

Expert

davewsail wrote:

Yes, I'll try the FW upgrade. Can you tell me what version should be on it?

Also I bought that one from Amazon back in November. I think I'm past the window for returns. Can't I send it to Linksys?

You should download the latest version from the Linksys support site and do the manual upload in the WebUI. Make sure you select all manual setup option during initial setup and to do it as quick as possible so you get a chance to disable the radios.

Yes I think this hardware has a 1-3 year warranty. Email linksyscares@linksys.com for RMA.

Linksys

Router 1: I was able to update FW though I noticed the version I had loaded was the same one on the website. Went ahead and did it anyway. Will test things out and update the post.

Router 2: I can't really do anything with it. Sometimes I can get in the UI, sometimes reboots as soon as I try. If I do get in, trying to dump the sysinfo.cgi always cuases a reboot. I can take this one back and return it so not too worried. But before I do, could there be an issue with the switch causing the same kind of timeout/reboot situation that the radio causes on the other router?

Expert

have you tried to boot it and get in with nothing connected to it other than the pc you are using? no lan and no wan other that the lan with the pc? just a thought

If you have been helped by responses from me or others on this site please
feel free to hit their kudos button! thanks

Hardware:
WRT3200ACM
Firmware: davidc502 works great!
EA6900 Stock Firmware